GENERAL MAINTENANCE LEADER
Posting Number: SRGV5860
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To provide supervision of a crew within a maintenance zone in maintenance, repair, and service of campus facilities. Responsible for planning, scheduling and implementing of assigned tasks for the effective care of facilities. Directly responsible for performing advanced level tasks in the maintenance, remodeling and/or repair of campus buildings.
Description of Duties:
• Plans, schedules, coordinates, assigns, and/or supervises the work of maintenance crews in a variety of maintenance tasks to include mechanical, paint, carpenter, welding and similar trade skills not requiring a journeyman license.
• Performs advanced level tasks in the maintenance, remodeling and/or repair of campus buildings
• Develops and administers preventive maintenance programs for the assigned area.
• Communicates with customers, employees, and university administration personnel in reference to projects, estimates and related services.
• Maintains accurate records of work performed, materials used and related costs.
• Operates a variety of tools and equipment, such as hand-held and power tools, hydraulic lifts, and forklifts.
• Ensures the maintenance, safety and security of the equipment and building facilities.
• Supervises and participates in all needed tasks.
• Orders parts and supplies for maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Obtains bids and/or quotes for the requisition of maintenance materials and process requests for approval. Orders material when approved and needed.
• Plans and coordinates work orders to include problem investigation.
• Determines personnel, equipment, and schedules for specific job requirements.
• Recommends and/or provides trainings for maintenance personnel and evaluates assigned staff.
• Conducts quality control inspections of projects.
• May require irregular working hours / split shift and “on call” basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from the assigned supervisor.
Specific supervision of assigned staff.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Approved apprenticeship training or certification in course work related to a skilled trade.
As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
Six (6) years of skilled/journeyman level experience in building and utilities maintenance, including three (3) years supervisory experience.
Operates a variety of tools and equipment including hand-held and power tools, hydraulic lifts, and forklifts. Use of standard office equipment for daily entry of timecard data, work order information and other general report information.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Construction/field environment; traveling from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, dirt, electrical hazards, high voltage and toxic materials; working at heights on scaffolding and ladders; working in confined spaces. May require some shift work, night and weekends. Some exposure to outside weather conditions. Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may require maintaining physical condition necessary for walking, standing, bending, kneeling stooping, crawling, or climbing for extended periods of time; lifting and carrying moderate to heavy materials; operating motorized equipment and vehicles. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experiance
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/02/2022
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/33770
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-5fff2a4e7f89e64c9c12dae2316118bd