Follow and like us:
Position & Client Overview:
Come to Maine to work as a Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician for one of our large clients. We have multiple positions, various locations, and all shifts available giving you numerous options to work your preferred schedule in your chosen location.
Maine is an outdoor lovers paradise with many activities available during all four seasons. Consider skiing, snowboarding, or snowmobiling on thousands of miles of trails throughout the state. Hiking is another favorite pasttime in Maine with their untouched mountains and peaks. In the warmer months, consider swimming, sunning, and boating.
During your assignment in Maine, one of the states with the lowest crime rate in the country, make it a point to eat some fresh Maine lobster or oysters, enjoy the thousands of microbreweries (beer & craft cider) and some new distilleries, and don't forget to finish your meals with a delightful whoopie pie or blueberry pie made with locally-picked lowbush blueberries.
Coast or mountains, or anywhere in between, this opportunity isn't to be passed up!
Discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient. Specialty areas of laboratory medicine include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in any and/or all of the following areas of the lab: clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services (blood bank), clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- MT/MLS: Bachelor's degree in science and MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- MLT: Associates degree in science and MLT(ASCP) certification or equivalent
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.