If you seek more than just a job -- check us out!
Food Service Aide/Driver
Family Service Association (FSA)
This position will be based in Riverside, CA. Part-time(30 hours weekly)
Family Service Association (FSA) is a large non-profit social service organization. We have over 25 locations through Riverside and San Bernardino counties. For more than 65 years, FSA has been positively transforming lives. We are one of the most passionate,mission-driven places you will find. Our teams are passionate about providing child development services, senior nutrition services, counseling and others. As a living, growing and evolving organization, our team of over 300 employees and hundreds of volunteers are people-focused and people-powered.
This is more than a job -- it is a calling -- a purpose. We strive to be a "best place to work." Our employees are part of a thriving organizational culture that rewards our employees with competitive compensation, company-paid health insurance, dental and vision plans, 403(b) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and other benefits.
We deeply value our employees. Our full-time, eligible employees receive:
- Competitive wages and salaries;
- Competitive Health, Dental and Vision Plans;
- Employer-sponsored retirement savings plan;
- Paid time-off and paid sick leave;
- Opportunities to receive gift cards; and
- Company-sponsored social events.
FSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a force of healing and hope for individuals, families and communities and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.EEO
Key Responsibilities of Position
- Food Service Aide/Driver's primary job is to deliver meals to seniors in the home delivery program. This position is in part to assist in the preparation of meals, packaging of meals, the care and maintenance of company vehicles, and sanitation of the site they are working at.
- Daily delivery of meals to Homebound Seniors within the program, Department of Health, and HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control points) standards.
- Assisting with preparation and packaging of meals, and ability to read and follow approved menus.
- Perform cleaning of kitchen and equipment.
- Assist in weekly inventory and storage of food on a needed basis.
- Assist in daily completion of all required documents according to program specifications.
- Retain all records and reports required by program and funding source to be maintained by the Agency in an organized and secured location, following HIPAA. (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) policies/procedures for client confidentiality.
- Maintain company vehicles according to Agency standards for cleanliness and maintenance. Report all drivers/vehicle incidents immediately; including but not limited to all traffic and moving vehicle violations, and any damage to Company vehicle(s).
- Daily depositing of all client donations according to program policy.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- CA Driver's License and Proof of Automobile Insurance.
- Current and Clean DMV Print Out report
- Current Food Handlers Permit
- Availability to work on weekends as needed
- Must obtain the following certifications within 90 days of hire and maintain throughout employment at FSA - Food Safety Managers Certification & First Aid and CPR.
Qualities and Traits
- Ability to read and write English and to communicate at the level required for successful job performance.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds at least a distance of 10 feet.
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional andrespectful manner.
- Ability to work with a diverse client population and Agency workforce in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- At least 6+ months of experience in the food service industry.
- Background Fingerprint Clearance
- Physical Exam and Lift Test Clearance
- Drug test clearance
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role and you can see yourself contributing to FSA's important mission, please apply here: https://www.fsaca.org/jobs
Give your passion a purpose. Be part of our dedicated and amazing team. We look forward to hearing from you.