Banking Specialist II
This position, Banking Specialist II, may be called by many other names: New Accounts Representative, Senior Teller, etc. At First Bank, we choose to call you a "specialist" because that is what you are! You have mastered the art of handling transactions at the teller window and are working to gain more training and skills to help clients with new accounts as well as other non-monetary transactions.
What You Will Be Doing
What Do You Need for this Position?
- Providing excellent client service by accurately and expeditiously opening new accounts and other products for current clients and new clients to the Bank. Providing maintenance on accounts and products when requested and authorized by the client. For those quoting rates, terms and fees on all products and services and providing necessary disclosures as required (NMLS registration will be required).
- Expanding the use of alternative delivery systems by explaining the merits of other systems such as Online Banking System, Online Bill Pay, ATM network, Debit Card, and Client Contact Center.
- Identifying the need for borrowing and originating consumer loan applications. Assisting in the processing of loan applications and closing.
- Increasing sales and cross-sell opportunities by participating in sales events such as in-aisle sales (where applicable), internal/external events, out bound calls, and promotional activities.
- Supporting our Bank's culture and client-friendly environment by greeting clients with a courteous and friendly demeanor, including greeting clients by name when possible.
- Ensuring continued relationships with our clients by processing client transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, payments, check cashing, etc. courteously, accurately and as expeditiously as possible.
- Assuring Branch compliance by performing a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, the following: cash audits, alarm tests, loss prevention training, safe deposit delinquencies, ATM balancing, monthly and quarterly branch audits, regulation training, monthly security reports, balancing of travelers checks, official checks and money orders.
- Protecting the interests of the Bank and our clients by following all security, regulatory and audit procedures, including daily balancing of individual teller drawers, ATM and vault. Maintaining of proper dual control and appropriate holds. Accurately balancing assigned cash drawer on a daily basis. Immediately reporting out of balance conditions to branch management.
- Helping coach Banking Specialist I on products, services, policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the Bank's success by identifying sales opportunities and referring clients to the appropriate area. Works towards achievement of branch and individual sales and referral goals.
- Working to retain existing client relationships and obtain new ones by conducting calls on maturing accounts, following up on leads, referrals and other prospecting opportunities.
- Driving branch profitability and client satisfaction by getting to know clients and encouraging their consideration of other Bank products where they may benefit the client. (In-Store) Should cultivate relationship with retail store associates.
- Contributing to the Bank's efforts in reaching and surpassing its Community Reinvestment Act goals by participating in community service activities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 12 months previous client service experience preferred
- Previous cash-handling experience required
- Previous banking experience strongly preferred
- NLMS registration preferred
- Developed customer service skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to use a PC and alpha/numeric keyboard
- Flexible work week schedule, which may include Saturdays
Be a part of a growing company that is truly committed to its employees and clients. Consider joining the First Bank family. As a member of our family, you are part of one of the largest independent banks in the U.S. We are proud of our growth and success over the past 100 years and look forward to a bright and promising future.Diversity
At First Bank one of our biggest strengths is the diversity of our people. Our mission is to capitalize on the diversity of our associates and promote personal and professional development throughout every area of the organization. We encourage diversity by actively seeking employees from various backgrounds, walks of life, and job skills. We strongly encourage you to apply whenever a First Bank job opportunity interests you.
First Bank is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Attn: Applicants interested in a San Francisco based position: First Bank will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Additional Details
The range for this role takes into account many factors that First Bank considers when making hiring decisions, including but not limited to, prior experience, skill set, training, and other internal business and organizational factors. First Bank generally does not hire at or near the top of the range below. The range is driven by the geographic location of our estimated hiring location; however, the specific range may vary depending on the geographic location for remote positions. Compensation decisions depend on the specific facts and circumstances of each hiring instance. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
Min: $20.00 Mid: $25.00 Max: $30.00
This job has expired.