Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 22144
PURPOSE: Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all systems and equipment used for heating, cooling, process air, water, and emergency power. Rotating shift schedule including - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, split shifts, weekends, holidays, 12 hour shifts, on-call. Daily work activity is directed by the Group Leader and a Fireman A. Reports directly to the department Foreman.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Performs all task under general supervision.
- Provides training and assistance to less experienced Firemen.
- Assumes ownership of work task and demonstrates initiative to get work completed.
- Monitors daily operation of facility equipment. (air compressors, boilers, pumps, and emergency generating systems)
- Performs installations, preventive maintenance, and repairs on buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems using one or more trade skills (e.g., electrical, mechanical, plumbing)
- Maintains current knowledge of all applicable procedures and safety measures
- Performs miscellaneous manual labor activities (e.g., sweeping and cleaning floors and work areas, picking up papers and refuse from grounds, assisting in the handling of heavy materials, making minor repairs, mowing lawns, and shoveling snow)
- Assumes facility maintenance responsibilities as required.
- Oversee maintenance contract and service work as assigned.
- Order and maintain spare parts.
- Assist with keeping neat and orderly records on work performed.
- Work with Engineering, Production Team Leads, Foreman, Group Leaders, and fellow tradesmen to accomplish the desired result.
- Adjust schedule and work hours to accomplish the desired result, ability to be on call, and must be able to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays as required.
- Perform work assignments efficiently while being consistent with good safety practices.
- Report any maintenance and/or safety issues to supervisor.
- Review, understand, and follow all Company specifications and procedures, and regulatory rules and requirements that are associated with the performance of this job.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Foreman.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Must have a basic knowledge and experience in operation of air compressors, boilers, cooling water systems, etc.
- Must have a basic knowledge and experience reading mechanical drawings and operation manuals.
- Must have a basic knowledge and experience in facility emergency procedures.
- Ability to use various measuring devices (tape measure, micrometers, levels, plumb bobs, etc.)
- Excellent attendance required.
- Must possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, safety and quality conscious; requiring minimal supervision.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- May be required to operate basic shop equipment (hoist, forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Must be able to work in confined areas, climb ladders, and work at heights of 50 feet.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be willing to continuously improve technical skills and knowledge.
- Must be able to understand and interpret the specifications and procedures related to this job.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Hourly Full-Time Function:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
Welding, Forklift, Plumbing, Warehouse, Manufacturing
This job has expired.