The Planning Manager provides financial leadership to the Americas Vice President of Retail, Hospitality, Travel and Transportation (RHTT) within the Teradata Americas Region Sales organization. This person will be expected to lead the financial analysis of growth initiatives including annual planning and budget process management. The Planning Manager must have advanced analytical skills and a high level of business acumen to assist the Vice Presidents in making financial business decisions as well as long-range financial plans. On a day-to-day basis, this support includes financial leadership with recommendations to support the total business while enabling the Vice President to more efficiently and effectively manage the business and grow revenue and improve profitability. The Planning Manager will have direct supervisory responsibility for two planning analysts and is expected to be a player-coach.
Possible locations for the position include our headquarters in San Diego or near customer sites in the RHTT industry (Dallas, Atlanta or Chicago).
- Strong supervisory skills working with professional skilled financial analysts in a highly collaborative environment
- Exceptional business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data to propose solutions to drive the business and understand long-term business impacts
- Ability to converse, explain and educate complex financial topics to senior management and articulate their impact to the overall financial health of the business
- Cross functional leadership skills to drive understanding and sound business decisions
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Identify and drive on-going process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years related work experience; minimum of 5 years management in a FP&A capacity
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred
- Proven track record of working with Senior Management to drive business improvements
- Demonstrated success managing and developing financial professionals
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong ability to analyze business information, and identify and communicate recommendations that contribute to achieving business objectives and financial goals
- Demonstrated ability to build effective cross-functional relationships
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and experienced in working with planning and lead generation tools
This job has expired.