Located in the manufacturing department and reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing, the primary function of this position is to provide the technical skills necessary to complete the manufacturing and final assembly on new and refurbished Inovoject® Systems/devices. Also included is the ability to work with engineering to improve drawings and convey new ideas for improved Inovoject® System performance/manufacturing.
• Work from wiring, electrical, and mechanical diagrams, equipment drawings, and work instructions to organize, construct, build, and repair mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems used on the Inovoject® System and other devices during the final assembly process.
• Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical and pneumatic devices used on the Inovoject® system when problems are encountered.
• Acquire a good understanding of the Inovoject system to improve efficiencies in completing the final assembly process and quality output to the field.
• Have a supporting role as a technical advisor when vendor or engineering issues arise.
• Assist with the preparation and update of detailed records to document the build process and organize/maintain a system for filing and updating these records efficiently.
• Assist with parts rebuild when necessary.
• Learn techniques for assembling new technologies and prototypes from engineering.
• Work closely with engineering to document necessary equipment changes and ideas to improve the overall functionality and/or quality of operations between engineering and manufacturing.
• Work closely with engineering to advance assembly and testing of new technologies and prototypes.
• Maintain personal tool and shop floor hardware inventory.
• Maintain an organized, clean shop floor work space and work with Manager of Manufacturing to identify areas of improvement in work flow and final assembly procedures to reduce build time and/or costs.
• Assist with scheduling shop floor activities to meet global Sales & Marketing goals for yearly Inovoject® System/devices installations.
• Assist with training of new employees within manufacturing and final assembly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate degree in Engineering Technology or 2 years relevant experience required
• Bachelor's degree in technically related field preferred
• Minimum of 2-3 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with Lean Six Sigma preferred
• Experience with SAP preferred
• Approximately 2 years' experience working with Embrex® devices preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Experience with:
o Electro-mechanical assembly
o Electrical and pneumatic schematics
o Mechanical drawings
o Hand tools and power tools
o Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to lift up to 70lbs
• Ability to work weekend hours, as needed
• Ability to stand for several hours in a given day
• Shift hours: 7 am - 3:30 pm
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Posted 41 minutes ago
Union City, Georgia
Posted 41 minutes ago
Posted 41 minutes ago