Facebook is seeking a Facility Project Manager to join our data center facility operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Facility Project Manager will serve as the point of contact for stakeholders keeping documented progress and reports of all projects. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire suppression systems. The responsibilities of this role will help coordinate and prioritize a wide range of project planning and execution, developing project charters, work breakdown structures, and resource-loaded schedules. The role requires proficiency in communicating issues and successes with respective operations groups. This individual will be coordinating all required resources to accomplish multiple projects for the site providing prioritization of work. Proficiency in working with sourcing and contract resources is essential.
- Provide prioritization of data center projects across a multiple building site. Oversee/develop project charters, schedules, resource requirements, and work breakdown structures.
- Work directly with Sourcing Managers to procure construction contracts.
- Manage project scope from initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and close-out.
- Partner with project controls resources to develop cost and schedule estimates for projects and provide project forecasts and financial updates to internal teams.
- Report on health of project portfolio including safety, schedule, cost, risk and quality.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure smooth project execution and completion to safety, schedule, budget, and quality.
- Ensure execution of commissioning process leveraging on site QA/QC resources and commissioning agents as applicable.
- Coordinate with the Facility Technical Manager and Critical Facility Managers to provide project planning and execution support where needed.
- Represent the interests of your data center during centralized planning forums considering site priorities and resource utilization.
- Oversee an operational shut-down program, developing long-term program charters and communicating up, down and sideways across the organization.
- Coordinate efforts of a project team including Project Controls, Safety, Quality Assurance/Control, Scheduling, Engineering and other cross functional partners to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Occasional travel as required <10%.
- 5+ years project management experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning in complex environments. Familiar with Electrical, Mechanical, and Fire & Life Safety Systems, and applicable building codes.
- Experience forecast project budgets, schedules, and resources.
- Communication skills.
- Familiar with Project Management IT toolsets (i.e.: Microsoft Project, Primavera, ProCore, etc.).
- Experience in critical environment projects.
- BS in a technical field such as engineering or project management.
- PMP or equivalent Project Management certification.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.