We're here for the makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Maintain, install, and repair facility equipment and automation equipment within the Distribution Center (DC), providing regular oversight of more complex work assignments.
- Diagnose and perform preventive maintenance/repairs to powered industrial equipment and conveyor systems. All work performed must adhere to all safety policies/procedures (e.g., lockout/tagout) in order to maintain a safe working environment for all.
- Diagnose and perform repairs/preventive maintenance on building equipment such as air compressors, heating/ventilation, and plumbing/electrical.
- Inspect the work performed by others on the Maintenance team to be sure tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner; reprioritize/redirect efforts of others as necessary.
- Communicate regularly with Facilities Manager and Operations leaders/team members regarding the status of repair work and any impact on the operation.
- Ensure shift handoffs are clear and facilitate smooth transition of work to be completed by the next shift as necessary.
- Lead/perform project work to support warehouse daily operations as assigned; may be assigned to lead the project and coordinate the work of others.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance with third party vendors.
- Train maintenance team members as needed.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Computer proficiency to input work performed, identify work assignments, and use MS Outlook
- High level proficiency on the use of conveyor control systems software and shock watch system software
- Ability to MIG and Stick Weld and use tools/equipment effectively and safely
- Ability to operate all powered equipment in the facility to include yard trucks, forklifts, and maintenance vehicles
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
- 5+ years of related experience in a similar role
- Advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting expertise as well as expertise in performing repairs on all mechanical equipment
- Accurately interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and technical manuals in paper or electronic format
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete assignments
- Demonstrates leadership skills to drive work performance of the Maintenance team members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to fully understand and explain related issues
- Ability to train others on the Maintenance team in new processes, techniques, etc.
- Effectively manages time to meet all specified deadlines as well as respond to urgent matters to minimize downtime to the operation
- Able to set and reassess work priorities to ensure highest-priority work is completed first and drives this with other Maintenance team members
- Flexibility to work overtime, off-shifts and weekend work as needed to support the operation and/or complete project work
- High school education or equivalent preferred; additional related training is a plus
- Frequent lifting and carrying of tools and/or product weighing 5 to 60 pounds
- Frequent pushing or pulling of material and/or equipment
- Frequent standing when working and when driving powered industrial equipment
- Frequent walking, primarily in the warehouse
- Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling and twisting
- Occasional sitting to perform office tasks and review and enter data in computer
- Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Exposure to extreme temperatures dependent on external climate and proximity to dock doors/exits
- Moderate noise level from DC conveyor/sortation system, powered industrial equipment and use of hand tools/equipment
- Occasional vibration if/when operating powered industrial equipment
- Will regularly be exposed to the usual lubricants and cleaning agents required for performing normal preventative maintenance. Occasional exposure to fumes and airborne particles
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Check out our EEO policy https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf [eeoc.gov
This job has expired.