Work as a member of assigned department and coordinate with the Supervisor(s) to train associates in production functions while providing guidance and instructions for work in assigned areas. The Team Lead will also work with associates to meet or exceed established customer service goals, productivity levels, safety requirements, product quality standards, and established 5S housekeeping goals.
Education and Training
- Operate production machines and equipment following accepted practices.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment, such as, overhead hoists and cranes.
- Perform minor maintenance on machines and equipment, including lubrication, cleaning, adjustments and minor maintenance checks.
- Make machine set-ups as requested / required for differing job runs.
- Must be able to use a Bill of Materials to build units using proper materials and parts.
- Meet established production (MOS) standards.
- Must understand how to interpret and use production work orders / product router special instructions.
- Conduct required quality checks using defined measurement equipment.
- Ensure employees are performing work as to standard operating procedures
- Report all safety issues
- Train new associates and re-enforce training with existing associates
- Ensure daily clean-up and energy conservation tasks are performed and checklists are completed
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of production activities
- Communicate replenishment needs of components to minimize downtime
- Monitor quality requirements and report all non-conformances
- Ensure adherence to Control Plans and Training Guidance
- Support and participate in continuous improvement of process flow and layout
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Possess thorough understanding of the processes and workflow for given area
- Maintain an acceptable attendance level of less than five points in a rolling calendar year
- Have no more than one written warning on file for any reason in a rolling calendar year
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment in a similar industry.
- Welding experience and ability to pass Hendrickson Weld test (if assigned to weld area).
- Be self-motivated and have strong initiative and strong communication skills.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to work hours outside regular schedule and overtime as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; bend; balance; and grasp. Occasionally required to climb; squat; or kneel.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
- Constant exposure to loud noises
- Frequent atmospheric exposure
This job has expired.
- Production Focus
- Attention to Detail