RICHMOND MOTOR SPEEDWAY
Founded in 1946, Richmond Raceway is America's Premier Short Track. The venue annually hosts two NASCAR race weekends, featuring the NASCAR Cup Series and either NASCAR Xfinity Series or NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, as well as a Whelan Modified Series race on the iconic ¾-mile D-shaped oval. Richmond Raceway is a regional leader for events including sports, live music, and consumer trade shows. The Richmond Raceway Complex's 1,100 plus acre multipurpose facility hosts more than 200 live events over 280 event days annually, including concerts with top national recording artists at Virginia Credit Union LIVE!, the region's only covered amphitheater..
- The primary focus will be to organize and coordinate the timely delivery of event preparation information to assure success of the event.
- The Coordinator will work in unison with the Director of Event Operations to assure all needs of the client have been defined and carried out in a timely manner and of high quality. Additionally, the Coordinator will work with the department staff through the Event Operations Supervisor to direct the execution of such deliverables.
: (including, but not limited to):
- Manage the event Work Order document process by communicating and meeting with event customers on event details. Ensure that these details are organized and disseminated to all necessary parties and departments in a timely manner. Maintain on-going dialogue with vendors. Manage the clients, staff, service providers and other stakeholders in the fulfilment process.
- Assist Director of Event Operations in preparation and management of the department's general and event financial budgets.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage contracted services for race events as defined by senior management.
- Manager Driver Owner lot reservations and race weekend logistics for that area
- Manage the process of controlling inventories/materials for department needs.
- Work in unison with sales department to promote sales and support efforts to efficiently manage business.
- Builds relationships through community involvement, working with the Director to determine which organizations are appropriate to affiliate with.
- Maintain regular follow up with existing customer base to ensure service levels and secure referrals
- Assist in coordinate and conduct site tours for prospective renters along with the Director.
- Act as facility manager on duty as required including but not limited to consumer trade shows and concerts
- Support business needs by assisting in managing facility support equipment (HVAC, fire pumps, alarms, chillers, generators, etc.) including emergency response needs.
- Develop capital project recommendations.
- Assist in setting policies and procedures that assure peak operational efficiency of the department.
- Work to resolve challenges and provide information to facility customers all the while instilling RR's commitment to excellence.
- Conduct and assist in facility site visits as needed. Schedule needed staff for all visits.
- Facilitate pre and post-event walk through to assess facility condition as needed. Schedule staff as needed and collect reports for the event file.
- Be conscious of all Complex policies and procedures throughout each event; identify and resolve event challenges; work to resolve attendee questions and challenges.
- Prepare event billing settlements within 5 days post move-out by track receipt of event numbers from Event Operations staff, track the receipt of any outside vendor invoices and prepare final settlements.
- Assemble and track electrical and phone orders for all booked events.
- Maintain event hard copy files, inventory records and logs.
- Update complex calendar of events. Distribute as required.
- Maintain amenity pricing sheets.
- Assist with set-up, tear down and room sets as needed when required.
- Ensure that assigned Event Operations staff has checked for safety measures have been taken. (ie. Blocked fire exits, fire extinguishers, etc.)
- Manage the scheduling of security and escorts for VIP's, special guests, political figures, etc.
- Assist in the timely preparations and updates to the EOP for race weekend, concerts, and non-race events
- Build Ready Alert database for race weekend and work with VP of Operations for Ready Alert race weekend communications
- Build Ready Alert database for concerts and work with Director of Event Operations for concert push notifications and communications
- Adhere to health and safety policies while emphasizing same with department staff when developing work plans.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Use professionalism to project the RR image of impeccable customer service.
- Display qualities that support the Vision and Mission of RR.
EDUCATION / TRAINING-
- Preferred minimum of three (3) years' experience in event hospitality with a large venue, convention center, hotel, sports facility, performing arts facility or other multi purpose public assembly facility or related work experience.
LICENSE / TRAINING-
- Completed bachelor's degree or relevant business experience in related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR / AED certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Virginia driver's license
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days. (Race events)
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of event management. Must be proficient at multitasking.
- Exhibit superior Customer Service practices.
- Must be capable of managing self and projecting positive image when dealing with high pressure situations in a constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge of crowd management and control techniques
- Knowledge of fire and public safety regulations
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local regulations
- Knowledge of the RFP & CIP process.
- Must have computer skills in Microsoft office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, and internet software.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors, vendors and facility users.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.