Job ID: 363000
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
The Estimator position is responsible for using a combination of past experiences and project specifications to accurately project the amount of materials, equipment, and man hours that must be utilized in order to complete a given project. Based upon these calculations, they create a project budget that is then presented to Management. All necessary details must meet not only legal, but also company policies and guidelines.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Travel to potential sites to evaluate existing conditions and meet with site owners and/or owner's representatives.
- Bid on a competitive basis and submit quotes to primes.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with owner, contractors, and engineers.
- Track and adjust quantities through all phases of each project.
- Prepare estimates, proposals, sealed bids, and sub contracts.
- Generate various reports required by immediate supervisor.
- Perform work required per supervisor's instruction.
- Effectively manage the needs of Gulf Coast, the project, and the customer in the best possible manner.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field or equivalent in training and experience.
- Valid state driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Three to five years of heavy highway estimating experience in construction management or civil engineering preferred.
- Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment, including word processor, computer terminal, typewriter, adding machine and telephone.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objective.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding of procurement's impact on financial results.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2022 Job Segment:
Civil Engineer, Procurement, Engineer, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.