Title: ESG Jr. Data Management Consultant - Computer Scientist
Company: Huco Consulting, a Montrose Environmental Group company
Location: Remote, United States
Projected Start: ASAP
Work Schedule: Part time or full time
Are YOU enthusiastic, self-motivated, process driven and interested in joining a growing organization? Are you looking for a work environment that supports your professional growth? Come and join Huco - we've been on a growth trajectory that will only be accelerated with our recent acquisition by Montrose Environmental Group.
We provide quality work, respond quickly and work effectively with supportive teams. Since 2008, Huco focuses solely on the strategy, selection, setup, and support of leading ESG/EHS information management systems to help our customers manage compliance, risk, and return value. This includes air emissions, greenhouse gas, sustainability (ESG), permit tracking, incident management, inspections, audits, observations, occupational health, etc. Our mission is to provide quality work, respond quickly and work effectively with supportive teams.
We are looking for an entry/beginning level IT team member with a proven (database/application) programming/management mindset who is interested in building a niche career focused on ESG & EHS. You can become a subject matter expert in these areas while working with team members with decades of experience. As a small business unit, you will be exposed to a variety of tasks and clients. And if you do great work, you will be recognized and could gain responsibilities at a rapid rate. To be successful, you must be able to follow proven processes with self-guidance.
You will learn a variety of leading off the shelf applications and help configure them, applying your programming and database skills to help automate the specific requirements of each application. You will work directly with experienced consultants helping them throughout the application implementation lifecycle (with clear focus on building, testing & deploying - while experienced consultants work with the client to define purpose, plan and design).
Huco is a remote workforce and you must have the strong interest and ability (self-discipline) to work from a home office - which can be challenging if you are not used to it and/or if frequent and ad-hoc person interaction with your colleagues, partners and customers is important to you. A successful candidate will appreciate the ability to work from home including flexibility, while being able to pro-actively move forward on work without delay. They will also be confident to reach out to their teammates, coaches and management to ensure engagement and progression (a two-way street). You will be assigned a coach that works with you regularly in addition to the work you do day-to-day with consultants and project managers.
Lastly, all successful employees at Huco have a bold passion for doing what is right for the client, are purpose driven, have strong organizational skills, and have effective communication/leadership skills as they work with staff with varying experience levels and a variety of client personalities. They will also be able to quickly learn and leverage existing proven work processes consistently and help continuously improve (i.e., a pro-active mindset).
Compensation is a competitive hourly wage. This position can be either part time or full time. We offer awesome perks like vacation time, group benefits, 401K matching and the pleasure of being surrounded by inspiring colleagues and clients who share passion for the industry, and its primary challenges and objectives. Typical work hours at Huco are between 9am - 5pm during weekdays.
In your cover letter, please convey your interest in consulting, and explain why you would be a good fit for this position and what you would uniquely bring to Huco.
- Master various information management software applications in ESG and EHS subject areas with provided training materials (self-study with coaching); applied tasks include form configuration, workflow development, custom reporting, XML, advanced configuration using development skills, and data migration/bulk loading.
- Use advanced database and technical skills for data collection, cleansing, reporting, and testing and for setting up software applications.
- Support and design reports using HTML and off the shelf BI tools such as Qlik and PowerBI.
- Analyze data schemas and create data maps & dictionaries to aid streamlined querying/reporting.
- Use advanced database & technical skills for integration to other systems, data load tools & data collection apps.
- Become the lead corporate IT resource within Huco focusing on managing SharePoint, Microsoft 365, Power Automate, website, technology software and hardware for virtual staff, etc. (this would be 15% of the overall role).
- Pro-actively communicate results internally to project managers and technical leads in a clear and succinct manner through instant messages, emails & recurring meetings.
- Work closely with colleagues and clients in a team based, home office start-up environment.
Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer ScienceRequired Experience/Skills:
- 0-2 years of work experience working on IT projects.
- Ability to work independently (self-driven) within deadlines and budgets, while closely following proven processes.
- Able to pro-actively communicate clearly and succinctly through written and verbal form.
- SQL Server skills and ideally certification (queries, scripts, triggers, procedures, install, etc.).
- SharePoint experience (building libraries, lists and workflows; SharePoint Designer, Power Automate).
- Java and traditional programming background preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong organization/logistics skills.
- Translate complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand language and build solutions for them (scripts/apps).
- Learn and understand software solutions both from the front and back end.
- Skilled with a variety of tools (e.g., MS Excel/Word, PowerPoint, Access, Crystal Reports, SQL, Oracle).
- Interest in the Huco culture, which includes hourly pay, working from home, helping colleagues and clients be successful and grow, and a collaborative entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in consulting, environmental, health, safety, social, governance, IT and small business.
U.S. Work Authorization is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Pay: $35.00 - $38.00 / hour. Offers made will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve. We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.