Job ID: 283100
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Operates heavy equipment as directed and specified while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Sets stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Observes equipment operation to detect machine malfunction
- Performs routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; a minimum of two years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to pass an internal certification program
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
What CRH Americas Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65lbs may arise from time to time - should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body - bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Temporary, Manufacturing, Contract
This job has expired.