Job ID: 214552
Location: EL SEGUNDO , CA , US
Date Posted: 2021-03-29
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the U.S. Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground system Warfighter operational capabilities for missile warning/missile tracking (MW/MT) and terrestrial and space based environmental monitoring (TEM/SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable Combatant Commanders (CCMDs) to successfully plan and execute global air, naval and troop movement mission objectives by providing mission-critical terrestrial weather data and monitoring the space and solar environmental impacts to our satellite communications and position, navigation and timing space systems.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer to act as our Environmental Monitoring Mission Engineering Lead with experience to conduct environmental mission and architectural capability analytical trades by designing and modeling the behavior of the ground and space segment systems required to deliver the next generation of Environmental Mission Capabilities for the USSF in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center.
Major duties of the position include:
- Responsible for Mission and Systems Engineering for current systems, definition of future capabilities in support of pervasive and foundational cross functional support, architecture framework definition and substantiation for TEM/SBEM.
- Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess (F2T2EA) chain using sensor, effects and communications technologies.
- Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system designs to quantify performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, Scenarios/Vignettes based on current and evolving threats.
- Conducting mission capability area modeling, simulation and performance analysis of current and future candidate system solutions to provide decision-makers with the analytical rigor to select the most survivable and affordable architectural solutions.
- Performing capability assessments, requirements development, trade studies, candidate concept assessments and technology readiness level (TRL) maturity assessments to fill technology needs.
- Supporting analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools
- Developing DoD TEM/SBEM capability area mission architectures that integrate with NOAA, NASA, International and Commercial capabilities to deliver timely solutions to the Warfighter.
- Interfacing with USSF, NOAA, NASA, International, Commercial and SMC stakeholders to develop implementation strategies and capability area roadmaps.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the USSF.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Math, Science or Engineering with 17+ Years of demonstrated experience in system engineering and integration experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NOAA/NASA, and Commercial Weather Space-Based and Weather Ground systems.
- Strong understanding of modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools.
- Experience applying MBSE models, tools and techniques to capture system functions, services, interfaces, requirements, and concept of operations to support system design and supporting analysis activities.
- Candidate should have experience with space and terrestrial Weather systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Experience in acquisition and program management within the Air Force community
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI clearance
- Prior experience with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), DoD, International and Commercial terrestrial and space weather satellite programs.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and requirements databases such as Sparx Enterprise Architect, No Magic Cameo, or other comparable MBSE tools.
- Experience with MATLAB, STK, MODTRAN, SSGM or other comparable modeling & simulation tools.
- Active TS/SCI Highly Desired
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.