This role is responsible for analyzing statistical, financial, and competitive information to help make pricing, underwriting, agency management, distribution, operations, marketing, and claims decisions.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Execute and assist with analytics projects in support of research and development objectives
- Utilize advanced programming techniques to meet project goals efficiently
- Assist in implementation of models for pricing, conversion, retention, expense, and price optimization
- Communicate with business leaders and staff across functions
- Design and manipulate large datasets across platforms
- Conduct predictive modeling
This job does not have supervisory responsibilitiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in statistics, actuarial science, economics, or related field
- P&C insurance industry background with working knowledge of auto insurance
- Understanding of insurance product design and mathematical underpinnings of rating algorithms
- Strong analytical skills, especially in predictive modeling and data mining techniques
- Expertise with statistical software
- 0-2 years of experience working with and analyzing data in an office setting
- CAS exams
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Strong programming skills in any of the following: SAS, SQL, R, Python
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.