At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Job Description:Manager Software Development 2
A customer and employee focused, hands-on full stack engineering manager, responsible for managing a team of engineers who will be designing, implementing, and delivering state of the art solutions for PayPal. The ideal candidate for the role will be a combination of a "seasoned technologist" with strong experience in building large-scale distributed transaction processing systems and solving complex problems. a "customer champion" who has a flair for building products that delight customers and grow business presence. a "people leader" who has keen inclination to attract, groom and develop a talented and engaged team. a "collaborative partner" willing to build trusts, relationships and networks across the company to meet business goals. Key Responsibilities:
- Owning concrete outcomes by building and rolling out the product and technical roadmap for team.
- Build, nurture, and grow the engineering team to deliver relevant features and capabilities, while helping them growth their career at PayPal.
- Be constantly involved in the growth of team members and provide regular and constructive feedback and coaching as needed. Handle performance management, hiring and talent development processes.
- Ensure the timely delivery of engineering initiatives to create desired value.
- Work closely with the product owners, solutions architect, user experience designers, engineering counterparts across the company, and the team to deliver solutions for the customers. Work closely with our integration teams and merchant partners to arrive at best-in-class payments experiences for our merchants.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders to develop products that meet high standards of security, scalability, performance and reliability.
- Act as a bridge between product and technology teams and marry business needs with technology solves.
- Be a hands-on engineering leader, who can help the team with design and architectural tradeoffs, help with design and code reviews, as well as setting up a strong quality and delivery pipelines.
- Collaborate with core platform and infrastructure teams to satisfy the infrastructure needs for building Unified Merchant Platform solutions.
- Enable the team for success by focusing on diversity, inclusion, collaboration and customer central mindset.
- Understand the payments business and how technology decisions impact the business.
- The role may require an annual travel of 2-3 weeks to our engineering centers world-wide (post pandemic).
- Building a culture of collaboration, innovation, inclusion and wellness.
- A person who can lead by example and inspire a team of engineers to perform and deliver to the organizational goals.
- Have strong business and technical vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple stakeholders.
- Be customer focused and passionate about providing world-class solutions for millions of customers across the world.
- Sense evolving business trends and translate them into needs into technology solves.
- Have deep conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary concepts such as mobile development, cloud computing, social networking, Big Data etc.
- Exhibit strong leadership and exceptional technical skills, hands on programming skills.
- Constantly look out for discovering new value by means of innovations, new processes, methodology, product capabilities, patents and more.
- Be willing to represent PayPal and the team within internal and external forums.
- Rich experience leading Full Stack software development teams working on front-end design, development and user interactions for web and mobile, developing high performant, secure and scalable back-end applications, good understanding of deployment methods and various database technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale software architecture and development, and/or high-volume websites and web services.
- Solid understanding of web-scale architectural considerations such as security, performance, scalability, reliability etc.
- Proven experience in both realtime online transaction processing systems as well as non-real time asynchronous processing.
- Strong Object oriented programming skills and expertise in Java/J2EE
- Experience designing and developing elegant web and mobile applications.
- Experience with REST API's, Web Services, Unit Testing and build tools.
- Strong working experience and exposure to one or few of the following: node.js, Python or scala.
- Working experience with databases such as MSSQL/ Oracle etc.
- Exposure and understanding of NoSQL databases and microservices is a plus.
- BSCS plus 12+ years / MSCS plus 10 years of experience in software design, development and architecture
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.