Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 22184
PURPOSE: To participate as a design engineer on new product development projects for the Welding Accessory Business Unit. This will involve internal and external collaborative design control with key business suppliers, IP management control of those new technologies & designs, and the responsibility to coordinating the release of these projects to the appropriate internal/external manufacturing teams.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Work in R & D on the design, development and innovation of new products for the Welding Accessory Business Unit
- Interact with marketing, suppliers, customers, distributors, and sales engineers to drive new product innovation
- Be responsible for the design, specifications, documentation and compliance of each new product
- Perform, instruct and supervise testing of all new designs and technology
- Work with Supply Management to improve quality, manufacturability and value of our new products
- Coordinate activities of internal and external technical support personnel as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on key design and business initiatives to insure alignment with Corporate, Engineering and Business Unit strategies, goals and objectives
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity
- Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Minimum four year Engineering degree is required
- 3-5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to handle a constantly changing set of priorities
- Initiative to take ownership of product designs
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of project management to the completion of difficult assignments
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time Function:
Research & Development Section:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
Welding, Technical Support, Project Manager, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.