The primary role of the EMRA Leader is to ensure that the Warren facilities assets, including reliability personnel are capable of meeting our customer and the Can Value Stream needs, on a sustainable and accountable basis. The EMRA Leader must continually evaluate and recommend new or developing technologies which may help improve the Can Value Stream EHS, quality, operational excellence, customer centricity and cost performance. The EMRA Leader will develop methods, procedures and people to support the optimization of the facilities processes. They are responsible for developing, submitting and managing an annual and five (5) year capital plan which supports the sustainability of the Warren facilities business objectives. As such they are responsible for the reliability of our capital assets. This position ensures effective equipment design to meet EHS, legal and operational requirements as well as effective maintenance practices to sustain and to improve the level of functionality required by the business. This individual will also be accountable for the education of the reliability workforce in the disciplines of Engineering/Reliability and will interact with all functions, both internal and external, to ensure that the engineering/reliability needs of the business are met.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Ensure the EMRA Organization practices and complies with all Environmental, Health and Safety rules, regulations and practices. Lead the effort on at least one of the Novelis EHS performance standards.
- Directs the EMRA Organization in implementing and practicing good safe working practices, through compliance with all federal, state, local and Novelis programs, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensure that all engineering design efforts meet applicable standards, methods and practices, such as NEC, NFPA, ISO, OSHA, EPA, UL, etc.
- Support the BBS process by actively facilitating and coaching all of the members of the EMRA Organization to engage in BBS observations.
- Provide support the plants effort on a Novelis EHS Performance Standard.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe working conditions at all times.
- Provide engineered solutions to mitigate SIFs
- Support long term strategic EHS initiatives
Support the Process Center in process optimization.
- Utilize the facility's internal and corporate resources, along with third parties to develop the engineering knowledge and skills required to continually enhance and optimize the processes performance.
- Utilize the facility's internal and corporate resources, along with third parties to develop the engineering knowledge and skills required to continually enhance and optimize the processes performance.Drive improvement activities in support of the plants annual and strategic plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure engineering/reliability activities related to process center improvement activities are supported and funded appropriately, to ensure they are completed in a timely manner, on budget and sustained.
Lead the Reliability Organization in the development, implementation and execution of the Warren Reliability Roadmap
- Ensure engineering support, expertise and guidance is given to the Reliability Organization to develop an appropriate Facility Reliability Master Plan.
- Interact with operators, mechanics, electricians, planner, process leaders, shift specialist and reliability leaders on a regular basis to ensure the effectiveness of the PM/PdM system.
- Ensure reliability is an integral part of all projects and process optimization activities.
- Assist the engineering/reliability organization in coordinating and performing Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) for all significant failures in the facility.
- When new projects and/or changes are made to existing assets, involve the reliability organization to help ensure the appropriate training, communication, documentation and PM/PdM's are available and/or are created.
Continually evaluate the facilities assets to ensure they are capable of meeting the sustained needs of the Can Value Stream's business and its customers.
- Assess the current assets, relative to its life cycle and capability in achieving the Can Value Stream business plan and recommend appropriate equipment changes to achieve and sustain it.
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or new technologies which could differentiate Novelis in the market place through product quality, shorter lead times, cost, reduction in environment footprint and energy consumption, improved safety and health, etc.
- Develop and implement an annual and five (5) year capital plan, which supports the Can Value Stream annual and strategic plans, ensuring the sustainability of the business.
Development and facilitation of appropriate education/training programs to support the further development of the facilities engineers and reliability personnel.
- Identify and provide for the extended education needs such as workshops, classes, lectures, discussion groups, etc to support the EMRA Department.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to members of the EMRA organization
- Review and develop, in conjunction with HR, appropriate succession plans and hiring procedures and practices for the engineering organization, including Job Descriptions.
- Develop a training program for new personnel coming into the EMRA Organization.
- Coordinate the utilization of available equipment and human resources to manufacture products at the most economical costs consistent with meeting quality standards and preserving employee and equipment safety.
- Direct, develop and train personnel to establish a Plant organization that effectively and continually functions smoothly and efficiently, with individuals capable of handling greater responsibilities.
- Coaching and mentoring with craftspeople through the skill assessment process will be required.
- Help establish and implement maintenance, operational, and capital budgets along with performance objectives, development plans, goals and programs to contribute to maximization of return on investment of the unit.
- Support the efforts in the areas of EHS to ensure that the Storeroom works safe, maintains to Housekeeping Standards, and successfully completes all required Training and Education in EHS.
- Works with the full EMRA Team, including the Storeroom Coordinator, to ensure all BOMs (Build of Materials) are created and maintained, Criticality Ratings are managed, and Inventories are set and managed according to the Warren Plant's Operational requirements
- Ensures that all Assets, under the Stores' Control, are maintained in good condition and ready when called upon.
- Drives improvements based on the KPIs and Metrics designed to do so.
Bachelor's Degree in Elecrical, Controls, Automation or Mechanical EngineeringPreferred
Bechelor's and/or Masters Degree in Electrical, Controls, Autoamtion or Mechanical Engineering with e P.E. certification.EXPERIENCERequired
5 years of work experience in the field of engineering in a management or leadership role.Preferred
5-10 years work experience in teh area of engineering management or leadership role in a related manufacturing process with strong fundamental knowledge of both the equipment and process in rolling.SKILLS
- Effective organizational skills and ability to work with various levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage conflict in a direct, yet respectful manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; must be able to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Computer Software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Project
- Ability to write specifications and facilitate bids from contractors and suppliers.
- Excellent understanding of Rolling Theory and associated process fundamentals.
- Fundamental knowledge of AutoCad, with the ability to make minor changes to drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root-cause-analysis on equipment and process issues, related to rolling and process equipment.
- Proficient in the fundamentals of reliability such that the position can help establish appropriate PM's and PdM's for process equipment.
- Understanding of advanced engineering and diagnostic tools such as Finite Element Analysis, vibrations analysis, lubrication analysis, FFT, etc.
- Excellent ability to manage all types of projects and administer the Capital Expenditure Budget
- Fundamental understanding of financial analysis associated with project justifications.
Novelis' Warren facility is located in northeast Ohio- approximately an hour drive from Cleveland and an hour and a half from Pittsburgh. The facility built in 1965 applies coating to rolled aluminum beverage can sheet. The sheet is used to make aluminum beverage can lids for global soft drink beer and sparkling water brands. Warren showcases several high-end cultural venues including the Warren Community Amphitheater and Packard Music Hall. The 75+ employee Warren team is active in the community promoting recycling supporting STEM education and offering a helping hand to local community shelters. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage.Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
This job has expired.