Job Title: Electrician 1
Location: Houma, Louisiana, Surrounding Areas and Gulf of Mexico
Schedule: Project Based
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
About Us The Danos Difference
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
- Perform Safety meetings
- Perform Job Safety Analysis
- Perform accident reporting and post-accident investigations
- Running cable tray and cable installation
- Installation of cable glands and familiar with transit system
- Installation of conduit and seals
- Termination of power and control wiring with supervision
- Utilizing multi-meter
- Perform appropriate paperwork as defined by management
- Working with technicians, fitters, and helpers on proven techniques used in installation and repairs of safety systems
- Must have ability to read and understand schematics, requisition materials, coordinate clients' needs, complete time tickets and material tickets, prepare proper JSA for tasks at hand, understand use of proper personal protective equipment, and coordinate crew change with project manager
- May have to work at heights wearing fall protection gear May work from ladders or scaffolding. May handle small toolboxes or tool belts while installing and repairing.
- Must be able read and understand AC/DC meter, work with small hand tools, wrenches, channel lock pliers, socket sets, drills, and cutting devices using strong wrist action.
- Some basic computer skills (Excel).
- Strong initiative and self-starter.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records.
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization.
- Ability to work with a team and communicate with other functions.
- Basic knowledge of Electrical Construction Codes and Practices.
- Basic knowledge of material specifications and application.
- Understanding of Importance of Environmental and Safe Work Practices.
- Minimum 5 years of Offshore and/or Land I&E experience.
- TWIC Card.
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred but will train acceptable candidate.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- At least High School Grad or GED.
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
- Why work for Danos?
Danos offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sounds like your ideal employer?
Apply today! Visit www.danos.com to complete a general application or to review additional openings.
Danos is an equal opportunity employer.
Team up with Danos, and be a part of one of the safest and best-performing companies in the business.
The Danos name means more than just outstanding performance for our customers. To our growing base of over 1,500 employees, it also means an opportunity to help keep production of energy moving.
Our company culture focuses on the values of integrity, improvement, service, respect and an uncompromising emphasis on safety in the workplace. And part of that is making sure every project goes as planned, every work environment meets the highest industry standards and enforcing a policy of fairness and overall diversity throughout our team.
We're always looking to add new, results-driven employees to our workforce. No matter your level of experience, no matter where you are, the right job could be waiting for you at Danos. In addition to stability and competitive wages, benefits of working with Danos also include sustainable health benefit packages, 401K company match and global opportunities. If you're ready to bring the dedication, we'll bring the training, resources and support for career success.
This job has expired.