Who Are We?
The Toro Company (TTC) has delivered market-leading, innovative products and outstanding customer care for more than 100 years. With over 11,000 employees worldwide, TTC is headquartered in Bloomington, Minnesota, USA. Our company designs and manufactures turf maintenance equipment; turf irrigation systems; landscape and lighting products; snow and ice management solutions; agricultural irrigation systems; rental, specialty, and underground construction equipment; and residential turf and snow equipment. We market and sell TTC products worldwide through a network of distributors, dealers, mass retailers, hardware retailers, equipment rental center and home centers-as well as online direct to end users.
At Ditch Witch (TTC company) we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place to live. Installing, operating, and rehabilitating the world's infrastructure is what we are all about. The Ditch Witch engineering team is currently looking for Electrical Design Engineer Intern's for Summer 2023. This team is responsible for designing underground construction equipment so that future installations can be done efficiently and safely. A very important step in making sure our infrastructure is staying ahead of the curve.
What Will You Do?
To grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for requirements, design, implementation, and testing of embedded and application hardware/software contained within the Ditch Witch product lines. The intern will work within a development team under a mentor who will allocate assignments and support the intern in defining and solving problems.
What Do You Need?
- Requirements, design, implement and test embedded hardware/software to demonstrate specification compliance.
- Prepare technical design documentation.
- Learn and use best-in-class engineering design practices. Coordinate design activities with other development personnel.
- Evaluate feasibility and applicability of newer technologies and methods to products and designs.
- Interface with component suppliers to evaluate components and vendor strategy.
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- Working on bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field. Classified as a Junior or Senior.
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Academic/working knowledge of digital/analog hardware design, embedded software development, C or C++ programming language, and CAD tools for schematic capture, and layout
- Ideal candidate solves problems with good critical thinking skills and has a strong sense of the value of processes and drive for continuous improvement.
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our interns know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive pay-The Toro Company offers interns a variety of perks, including:Dress for your day
- We know you are more productive when you are comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.Volunteerism
- The Toro Company is proud to provide interns 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.Competitive Pay
- anticipated pay $21.00 per hour.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.