Job ID: 434799
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Safety Technician works as a partner with all facets of operations to analyze the manufacturing process to eliminate hazards. This individual will work closely with management by, providing guidance, insight, and consultation regarding OSHA, EPA, and other regulations as applicable. The Safety Technician will assist employees in identifying and correcting hazards, establishing best safe practices, and training/coaching employees. This individual will be responsible for the daily safety and environmental requirements associated with each crew and will have the support of regional managers, operational leaders and EHS managers/directors to assist and help you grow your career in EHS. This position will entail supporting the Denver region.
- Provide EHS training, oversight and compliance support for local management teams
- Provide a strong on-the-floor presence that embraces coaching all levels of management, supervisors, and employees toward observing, understanding and correcting behaviors and conditions that can lead to incidents
- Work with management to investigate all incident and establish corrective and preventative action plans to eliminate hazards and mitigate risk within the framework of the company's Incident Management System (IMS)
- Conduct periodic assessments of operations focused on safety compliance, correction of unsafe behaviors and conditions, documenting findings, setting appropriate timelines (with concurrence of local mgmt), providing appropriate levels of support, and tracking action items to completion
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of developing and sharing best practices throughout facilities and manufacturing operations
- Train and assist management and operations in developing safe operating procedures for the various tasks and hazards in their facilities
- Assist management in their establishment of appropriate systems to procure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and appropriate safety supplies for specific tasks and activities
- Deliver health and safety training and assist in the development of systems for the delivery of such training within the group
- Lead and support local Safety Action Teams (SATs) that encourages employee engagement and develops future leaders of these teams so they can self-facilitate and perpetuate the learning process
- Think critically and identify areas for improvement by working collaboratively with area and regional management
- Facilitate routine EHS inspections and trainings within the framework of the company's Compliance Management System (CMS)
- Continuously work to improve the process utilizing six sigma skills
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements
What CRH Offers You
- Degree in an occupational safety-related field is highly preferred (An equivalent combination of formal education and work experience in a safety management or supervisory role will also be considered)
- At least 2 years' experience within the EHS field
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA CFR 1910 regulations
- High level of computer proficiency in MS Office products
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Verbal, written communications and presentations skills
- Ability to work with other company administrative, production and technical personnel at all levels to achieve plant and corporate goals
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Denver Job Segment:
Six Sigma, Maintenance, Technician, Management, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.