The Emergency Department Secretary/Technician is responsible for performing a variety of direct and non-direct patient care duties, including routine patient care duties, as well as clerical, supply, and messenger responsibilities. The Emergency Department Secretary/Technician also performs other patient care related duties and unit duties as needed.
This position is part of the 1199SEIU Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager, Emergency Department and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- CPR Certification required
- De-escalation training required within 180 days of hire
- Ability to perform routine patient care activities under the direction of licensed nursing personnel requiring technical or on the job training such as phlebotomy, oxygen application, and ambulation, etc. required. These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a certified nursing assistant, EMT, or medical assistant program
- Demonstrated competency in nursing assistant skills checklist by end of orientation period required
- Six (6) months to one (1) year nursing assistant experience, and/or other clinical assistant experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle stress crisis situations effectively required
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
This job has expired.