Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Functions as a team member in the day-to-day operations of the lab. Performs and thoroughly understands 2-D, M-mode, color flow mapping and cardiac Doppler echocardiography in the adult. Performs various vascular ultrasound procedures independently with good judgment to provide reliable diagnostic information for physician interpretation. Must have a good knowledge of cardiac and vascular anatomy and pathophysiology. Responsible and knowledgeable in procedure charging. Will be responsible for maintaining PI documentation in all ultrasound. Responsible for all ultrasound procedures and related computer/paperwork. Per Clinic Management discretion, may be required to take call/work after hour shifts in order to contribute to the coverage of "after regular business hour" echo/vascular procedures (No call/work after hour shifts for Toccoa employees). This position will care for patients in the adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups. Employee performs clinical duties in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications: Certificate in Medical Sonography - Vascular (RVT) and Cardiac (RDCS or RCS) Specific (RVT, RDCS or RCS) required at hire.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Experience: Proficiency in the dual modality based on department criteria. New grad PRN staff must have completed student rotation with NGMC within the prior year.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
Preferred Educational Requirements:
Preferred Experience: One (1) year clinical echo or vascular experience.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain BLS certification
- Intermediate computer skills
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and operating principles involved in the operation of various ultrasound equipment
- Ability to perform with proficiency the skills and procedures designated
- Broad knowledge of cardiac and vascular anatomy and pathophysiology
- Good interpersonal communications
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all cardiac ultrasound, echo and vascular procedures as determined by department to include all required elements images based on patients anatomy. Follows smart scan protocol for scanning. Follows department defined protocol for elements to be included in the technician report before submitting to the MD to read.
- Accurately explains procedures to patient and/or family members.
- Prioritizes workload appropriately as evidenced by immediate attention to those with actual or potential urgency.
- Recognizes and reports conditions that effect or compromise technical aspects of the test/procedure.
- Practices infection control precautions consistently with particular emphasis on proper hand washing. Maintains a safe, comfortable and clean environment.
- Verifies written order and follows protocol to perform correct procedure and properly assign reading MD.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned. Complies with patient care/documentation practices targeted for improvement.
- Accurately inputs data in computer to charge/credit patient generated charges.
- Maintains records for IAC accreditation requirements.
- Assists in the initial orientation of the patient and family to the unit. Informs patients/family of policy regarding presence of family during test/procedure and the issue of unattended children in the waiting area.
- Provides teaching and information to patients and family as appropriate to needs, age, and level of understanding.
- Assures patient comfort pre-, intra-, and post- procedure. Assist patient with ambulation and positioning as needed.
- Assist in maintaining sufficient supplies and operable equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining and stocking supplies and keeping procedure rooms clean.
- Assures that equipment is maintained and in working order.
- Meets productivity standards for the department.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 100 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Weight Carried: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Vision: Heavy, Frequently 31-65% of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
This job has expired.