Relocation assistance and Visa sponsorship available!
When you join The Home for Little Wanderers, you join a team of professionals dedicated to creating better, brighter futures for kids.
For over 200 years, The Home for Little Wanderers has helped build stable lives and hopeful tomorrows for vulnerable children and their families. Our 25+ community-based and residential programs serve thousands of at-risk youths from birth to age 26. Many of these children have experienced abuse, neglect, trauma, or a disrupted family life. As the oldest child welfare agency in America, we provide them with safe surroundings, permanent loving relationships, and a secure path toward a better, brighter future.
The mission of The Preschool Outreach Center (part of The Home's Center for Early Childhood) is to ensure that all children have a strong start in life, and social-emotional wellness is the linchpin of healthy development. Through a variety of direct care services and training programs, The Center works with children, their caregivers and educators to help build and support strong social-emotional foundations when early connections are so critical, so that children are able to build relationships, learn and thrive.
How You Will Be Making a Difference
- Provide case management services; act as a liaison with collateral agencies and programs; establish and maintain relationship services that support children's and family's growth. Act as an advocate for families, teach parents to advocate for themselves and their children. Help families develop the skills needed to navigate the social service system.
- Utilize treatment modalities that are consistent with program goals and that best fit with clients' age and treatment needs, including play/expressive therapy, group therapy and family therapy.
- Perform initial assessment and evaluation of new clients and families. Identify treatment needs and barriers to growth and development. Design treatment plans that address and specify outcomes. Collaborate with clients and family members to develop treatment objectives. Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide quality care. Attend staff meetings and case conferences; present client material. Consult with supervisor and team members on challenging or difficult client issues. Facilitate communication between various providers.
- Submit reports, documentation and billing in a timely manner. Ensure that documentation meets utilization review and quality assurance standards.
- Attend in-service training and outside seminars to enhance and develop clinical skills
- May provide training, workshops and consultations to teachers, parents and collateral staff
- Provide on-call coverage and crisis intervention as needed
- Depending on the program, may be required to meet certain billing requirements on a weekly basis
- Master's degree in social work, mental health or related discipline
- Massachusetts licensure (LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT) required
- Prior experience providing services to early childhood clients preferable
- Excellent cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer, with the ability to learn new software application
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.What The Home Can Offer You
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the youth served, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
This job has expired.
- Extensive training to new staff
- Generous time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance available upon hire
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- And more!