About The Opportunity
Camp Counselors will contribute to our mission by maintaining a safe and clean environment, proactively managing dog health & behavior, and providing the best customer experience to our Campers and Pet Parents.
- Care for dogs of all breeds and sizes
- Monitor dogs in play areas, maintain a clean environment and manage dog behavior
- Engage in one-on-one Enrichment services with the Campers. Play fetch, run sniff & seek activities, and snuggle sessions!
- Clean and maintain kennel, play and common areas
- Feed dogs and administer medications
- Perform bathing and grooming services including baths, nail trimmings, ear cleanings, etc.
- Communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for Campers
- Provide excellent customer service when assisting Front Desk during check-in and check-out
A Strong Candidate Will Have
- A genuine love for dogs
- Time management skills
- Flexible availability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to lift or carry 40+ lbs.
- Ability to push or pull up to 40+ lbs.
- Ability to reach overhead
- Ability to reach at or below shoulder level
- Ability to control and withstand resistance from dogs of all sizes on leash
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to squat and kneel
- Ability to see, hear, and communicate verbally
Compensation & Benefits
- $13.25 to $13.65 hourly + tips
- Full-Time (30+ hours per week)
- Part-Time (29 hours or less per week)
Our employees get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bring your dog to work with you!
- 6 paid holidays
- FREE vaccinations and discounted exam fees at at VCA home hospitals
- Employee discount at Camp Bow Wow
Discounts through various partner and affiliate programs Certification in Pet First Aid & CPR
- FREE health resources
Full-Time employees get to enjoy the following benefits, in addition to those listed above:
- Paid time off (up to 40hrs within first year; up to 80hrs after first year)
- Medical, dental and vision plans following 30 days employment
- 401K Retirement Plan eligibility through Fidelity following 60 days employment
- Paid parental leave
- Employer-paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
Camp Bow Wow® is North America's largest pet care franchise and is a subsidiary of VCA, Inc, North America's leading network of veterinary hospitals, specialty medicine, and post-graduate training. Camp Bow Wow has ranked in Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 list for 10 consecutive years and was named to Denver Business Journal's Top Workplaces in 2020. For over 20 years, we've proudly offered dogs a safe place to play while simultaneously providing socialization, exercise, and TLC from Certified Camp Counselors®. With over 200 locations, dogs visit a Camp Bow Wow more than 4.7 million times a year where they enjoy our premier doggy day care, boarding, grooming and training services. Join our "Houndquarters" team in Westminster, Colorado and be a part of creating a better world for pets while achieving our mission of Making Dogs Happy!
We are also committed to giving back to the communities we serve by helping sick and injured dogs in need through our Bow Wow Buddies Foundation®! Learn more about our charitable efforts by visiting www.bowwowbuddies.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Camp Bow Wow® is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com