MV Transportation is seeking a Dispatch Manager who will provide direction to and maintain two-way communications with all dispatchers while monitoring system performance and making adjustments where necessary to maximize on-time performance, minimize customer wait times for on-call or will-call services, minimize service disruptions as a result of vehicle or operator availability or emergency situations.
- The company vision, values and culture are understood, communicated and positively promoted.
- Set positive example for dispatch agents by providing consistent support and positive leadership.
- Responsible for positive employee morale and quality customer service.
- Proactively assess staffing needs as determined by service hours and peak call periods.
- Define and publish staff schedules based on service demand and in accordance with collective agreements.
- Recruit, interview and select employees in cooperation with MV's staffing contractor (Olivier Inc.)
- Recommend personnel for promotion, demotion, or reclassification.
- Ensure prompt investigation and resolution of complaints and incidents as relates to direct reports and in compliance with company policy and Olivier Inc.
- Impose discipline, up to, and including termination, according to company policy and in cooperation with Olivier Inc.
- Participate in and advise senior management regarding labor relations strategies and relationships.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of all employee records, business records, client and customer information, data and other information not otherwise available to the public.
- Ensures all safety regulations are being observed and all training methods are adequate and effective.
- Ensure dispatch protocols follow both client and company policies and procedures.
- Organize and coordinate dispatch agent training programs for new hires and refresher customer service training programs for department personnel.
- Prepares, verifies, and authorizes employee schedules and work records for payroll purposes.
- Assigns work duties to qualified employees to ensure adequate coverage of all shifts.
- Monitor dispatch performance as it relates to driver incidents, equipment failure, vehicle breakdowns, and other potential service disruptions.
- Monitor dispatch agents to ensure timely communication of passenger cancellations or changes as required.
- Provides dispatch coverage during peak service times and during employee shortages
- Ensure dispatchers assign will-call and same day trips to available and appropriate. vehicles in order to ensure on-time performance, minimize wait and ride times and to maintain system productivity.
- Ensure dispatchers document accurately and appropriately daily events related to service.
- Manage vehicle pull-outs according to schedule and/or customer expectations.
- Publish driver schedules based on service demand.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Maintain accurate records and appropriate filing systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Three (3) years supervisory or management experience in the transportation industry. Supervisory experience of a work group in a different industry may be substituted at the company's sole discretion.
- Substantial experience in the operation phases of a transit organization.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Trapeze, Routematch, and other transportation related software and the skills to resolve situational challenges.
- Must work effectively with fellow employees and have strong leadership characteristics.
- Must have good time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Requires flexible hours, including long days and weekends.
- Must have the ability to recruit and develop staff to deliver reliable service product.
- Knowledge of service area and system parameters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage with a "Safety First" attitude.
- Paratransit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems and functional knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Strong organizational skills, filing and file maintenance.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Able to use multi-line phone system.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
- Provide excellent customer service and present a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Maintain attendance within policy.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.