About Our Organization
Mass General Brigham (MGB) is a non-profit integrated health care system founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. In addition to its two academic medical centers, the MGB system includes community and specialty hospitals, community health centers, a physician network, home health and long-term care services, and other health-related entities. MGB is one of the nation's leading biomedical research organizations and a principal teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School.
Mass General Brigham Global Advisory ("Global Advisory") represents the new systemwide platform to provide leading advisory services and affiliation programs to healthcare institutions around the world. This exciting new business combines a broad existing set of capabilities from the academic medical centers and specialty hospitals within the MGB system with a significant investment program to take the business to the next level by developing and enhancing the platform and driving broad-based growth in the business.
Mass General Brigham (MGB) Global Advisory is the new systemwide platform providing leading advisory services and affiliation opportunities to healthcare institutions around the world. This exciting new business combines a broad, existing set of advisory capabilities from the MGB academic medical centers and specialty hospitals with a significant investment program to take the business to the next level by enhancing the existing platform and driving growth in the business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director, Delivery and Project Management Office, MGB Global Advisory, the Director, Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for overseeing and managing the MGB Global Advisory PMO team. Team members serve as program managers / coordinators and account managers; they hold client engagement planning and implementation expertise and responsibility. Initially, the PMO Director will focus on ensuring the integration and optimal functioning of the newly formed PMO. Over time, the PMO Director is anticipated to also assume some engagement management and delivery responsibilities.
PMO Team leadership:
• Oversee recruitment, training, professional development, and evaluation of all PMO team members; ensure that the team's work is of the highest quality and meets the department's service standards.
• Collaborate with project / client executives and other MGB leaders to identify the appropriate deployment of PMO resources to support client engagement and internal MGB Global Advisory business operations needs; adjust resource allocations and approaches as needed based on feedback.
• Provide mentoring and collaborate with client engagement leaders to identify development opportunities for PMO staff as appropriate.
• Serve as an internal expert on consulting techniques, project management methodology, and technology-based tools.
• Provide coaching and training to PMO staff in support of their client engagements.
• Develop, implement and engage staff in roll-out of standard project management methodologies, tools, practices and reporting capabilities.
• Drive the design, build and roll-out of a standard project management tool.
• Develop project health reporting formats and regular communications cadence to leadership.
• Collaborate efficiently with other MGB Global Advisory leaders to ensure there is cohesive teamwork and effective use of resources.
• Demonstrate a passion for engagement delivery progress and improved performance.
• Foster a sense of team spirit and shared vision for the team.
• Create, maintain and distribute appropriate documentation for project management tracking and communication, training, policies and procedures, etc; assist with the creation of job performance aides/references for all levels of users.
Client engagement delivery (responsibilities include, but not limited to):
• Project management leadership and communications:
o Responsible for evaluating, managing and implementing the project scope, including building and maintaining detailed project plans with timelines, milestones, and dependencies.
o Identifies critical factors and resources needed to ensure successfulproject execution completion.
o With support of the project team, oversees or manages comprehensive supporting project documentation including, but not limited to, project charter, stakeholder register, communication plan, RACI matrix, risk management, issues tracking and mitigation plans, and training documentation.
o Defines and prepares or oversees deliverables and reports that meet the project objectives.
o Monitors performance against defined targets and escalates issues to leadership.
o Has the ability to communicate effectively withclients on a wide range of healthcare and hospital topics including strategic planning, finance, IT and in-depth clinical operations (e.g. service line development, staffing plans, etc.).
o Develops high quality drafts: slide decks for business presentations, messaging and talking points for leadership, and other project communications
o May act as client lead/executive for smaller/less complex client engagements, with increasing responsibility over time.
• Client relationship development and management:
o Directly interfaces with and serves as a primary counterpart for clientsin culturallynuancedsettings.
o Engages in relationship building and issues resolution with clients and other external parties by providing exceptional customer service.
o Proactively identifies client business expansion opportunities and collaborates with project leadership and MGB Global Advisory Business Development to further opportunity development.
• Other duties as determined by MGB Global Advisory leadership.
• This position is temporarily remote. Incumbent will be expected to return to an office setting when MGB remote work policy changes.
• Travel in support of project execution as needed - up to 4 times per year; more as mutually agreeable.
• This position will involve work outside usual working hours and travel, with advance notice.
• Local travel to Mass General Brigham sites.
• 8-10+ years experience in leading and managing projects in a healthcare, professional services or related business environment.
• Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred in business, healthcare administration / management, or a related field.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Proven success working in a highly matrixed organization/environment preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint, Access) required, experience with Workfront or other project management software (e.g., Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, etc.) preferred. Adept at learning new software applications.
• Formal project management training or certification required.
• Advanced project management certification preferred.
• Expertise in consulting techniques, facilitation tools, project management and change management required.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
• Excellent people management skills, with a strong commitment to workforce engagement.
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels.
• Ability to balance standardization of process with flexibility as appropriate.
• Ability to engage team in development of new processes and tools.
• Demonstrated successful application of change management approaches.
• Strong sense of proactiveness - ability to manage and drive work independently, and source input from constituencies as needed.
• Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Execution oriented mindset; deliberate and decisive with strong planning, organization, and time management skills.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Highly collaborative personality and pleasant demeanor; must orchestrate across external and MGB internal stakeholders, including senior leadership through front line staff.
• Ability to lead effective meetings, both formal and informal.
• Judgment to effectively set priorities, balance competing priorities, and make independent decisions in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Ability to manage sensitive information, communications, and relationships with discretion and tact.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Saint Charles, Missouri
Posted about 2 hours ago