If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami/UHealth has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Marketing. The Director of Marketing is responsible for the planning, development, and execution of marketing strategies for the University of Miami Health System, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center service line as well as the development and implementation of multi-channel campaigns and robust analytics to determine ROI. Working with the Sylvester Director of Communications and Media Relations, and in collaboration with UHealth's Executive Director of Marketing and other health colleagues, this person will execute brand and image strategies, develop product line strategic marketing plans, and is responsible for the growth of awareness, engagement, and market share. The Director is experienced and skilled across all channels - traditional, digital and experiential. This position reports to Sylvester's Chief Marketing and Communications Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Builds a robust marketing strategy to support consumer engagement;
- Identifies differentiators and key messaging within the institution and helps strategize to support overall brand positioning;
- Interprets and applies market research and data-based insights into market segmentation and targeting;
- Integrates the latest technology platforms into marketing research, strategy and execution;
- Develops and oversees micro-targeted campaigns;
- Proactively develops opportunities across the patient experience to promote full continuum services (screenings, prevention, detection, survivorship, treatment and research);
- Works collaboratively with internal colleagues and outside vendors to support marketing and business goals, including national reputation;
- Works in partnership with Communications on strategic MarComm integration
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinker with a hands-on approach;
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Deep familiarity with our local market and its consumers;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead cross-functional teams, develop and implement oncology research, treatment, and prevention marketing strategies and deliver awareness and reputation-building results;
- Proven leadership and team-building abilities;
- Keen grasp of marketing strategy execution, channels, and trends;
- Fully versed in digital, mobile marketing, and social media applications;
- Adept in understanding and interpreting business plans, analytics, and healthcare and oncology market trends
- Spanish proficiency is a plus.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field;
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years in strategic marketing with increasing responsibilities;
- Academic medical center, healthcare, and/or oncology marketing experience preferred.
- Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: