Director of Finance
The Department of Medicine is seeking a Director of Finance to oversee JHM financial operations across all sites of service and across all the missions of the DOM. This position is responsible for all financial activity and oversight in the DOM, and will provide senior management with financial reports and take actions to ensure the department acts as a good financial steward and achieves budgeted financial performance. This role will be an integral part of the management of the department and will ensure development of a strong finance team through the mentoring of key individuals within the department.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Development and review of the department finance staff.
- Annual operating and capital budgets.
- Financial analysis of actual and budgeted performance.
- Providing monthly accruals and budget variance explanations to General Accounting.
- Production and maintenance of the monthly financial statements and reports.
- Creating and maintaining KPIs designed to maximize the financial performance of the DOM
- Program/product development analysis.
- Develop and/or monitor compliance with JHM financial policies and internal controls.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of financial reporting systems for the assigned department(s) for JHM activity.
- Coordinate the creation and use of business intelligence tools with the IT and Analytics team embedded in the DOM.
- Oversee and perform financial analyses as required to maintain control and address financial issues within the Department.
- Responsible for overseeing the accounting for hospital income and expense ledgers and support of the JHHS managers and central administration with hospital budget projections and changes.
- Coordinate with JHHS financial management related to financial/management reporting functions.
- Responsible for overseeing the production and reconciliation of the annual operating and capital budgets of the Department for JHM.
- Maintain continuous involvement with leadership of the department to ensure that all factors are considered for the annual budget.
- Coordinate with other departments for financial activity involving the assigned department(s) such as research grants and contracts involving faculty, or Hospital JAA funds from one Functional Unit to the assigned department.
- The responsibilities will include oversight of JHUSOM, JHH and, as requested, JHBMC financial activities for the department(s) to which the position is assigned. Future responsibilities could include any area in which the assigned Departments are responsible, to include but not limited to the Community Hospital Division and other JHM ventures.
- The Academic Administrator with dotted line relationships to the Clinical Administrator and Sr. Director of Finance and provides financial management and reporting to the faculty, the management of the Department, and senior JHM management.
- Administrators, Assistant Administrators, and other senior operational and financial management staff as well as members of Central JHM Finance. Be an active participate in the development of financial models to support service lines that include clinical services in the DOM.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Directly supervise Associate Director of Finance, Assistant Director of Finance and Sr. Financial Manager and indirectly supervise the staff who are part of the DOM central finance team.
- Indirectly supervise division-based finance staff to ensure competencies and adequacy of work products.
- Act as a mentor to the financial staff of the department to develop key skills and opportunities for career growth.
- The number of staff and actual positions and titles may vary by department.
- Position requires a CPA or Master's Degree in appropriate field offset by equivalent experience.
- Position requires 10 years progressive experience in Business and Finance preferably in an academic medical center.
- Physician practice management experience desirable.
- Financial planning experience and an analytical approach to problem solving are essential.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and Tableau is required.
- Experience with SAP reporting and business intelligence reports is preferred.
- Must successfully demonstrate competencies in financial modeling, forecasting with the ability to measure performance against goals, evaluate results and implement change through their own work and through the contributions of others.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience with sponsored projects.
Classified Title: Director Finance
Starting Salary Range: $106,430 - $146,390 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM General Admin Chairmans Offf
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Director-of-Finance-MD-21287/890044000/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.