The IS Director for Revenue Cycle will provide the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of the department to meet the needs of users throughout the System. The IS Director of Revenue Cycle will be responsible for the management of the revenue cycle technology portfolio. The Director will be responsible for the planning and execution of technology solutions to meet the needs of the business and revenue cycle department. Additionally, the Director will lead a team that consistently evaluates and seeks improvement of outcomes using technology.
The ideal candidate for the IS Director or Epic Revenue Cycle will demonstrate a strong commitment to the philosophy and values of the Baylor Scott & White Health System, establish positive relationships with other departments, ability to see, account for and coach others on the “big picture” as well as the details and tie initiatives to Baylor goals.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nations exemplary health care organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent understanding of Revenue Cycle process and operations including patient access, hospital billing, professional billing, Health Information Management (HIM), and regulatory applications/requirements.
- Experience managing large technology projects and deployments with proficiency in an outsourced / offshore vendor model highly preferred.
- Experience of 8+ years in revenue cycle information system management with depth and breadth of technology experience.
- Experience with revenue cycle applications and related technologies in a healthcare setting.
- Relevant Epic certifications preferred.
- Reports to the Sr. Vice President of IS Operations.
- Supervises highly skilled staff.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of managed services providers delivering operations and projects
- Works closely and develops strong relationships with customers from all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for technology related vendor relationships.
- Develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organizations technology function and performance.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership to BSWH around the implementation and administration of revenue cycle technology. Assists with project prioritization based on organizational strategy, Revenue Cycle needs, and cost-effective application architecture.
- Develop and execute a short and long-term revenue cycle technology strategy to drive the adoption of new solutions and automation resulting in operational efficiency. Ensures that the solutions are aligned with BSWH strategy.
- Manage third party outsourced vendors and developers
- Interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels, and recommends the revenue cycle technology team composition and alignment.
- Develop and monitor the IT budget, measure financial performance, review, and approve capital expenditures and ensure budget compliance.
- Responsible for revenue cycle technology and services contract administration and, when appropriate, participates in the negotiation of contract provisions working with the supply chain management, legal department, compliance, tax and customer departments.
- Remains knowledgeable of trends and advancements in information systems and revenue cycle technology in order to assess the feasibility of implementing new services, systems and technologies.
- Remains knowledgeable of trends and advancements in cloud computing and digital trends in order to assess the feasibility of implementing new revenue cycle technology.
- Remains knowledgeable of trends and advancements in IT automation in order to assess the feasibility of implementing new services, systems and technologies.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clinical and business leaders and provides support for technology and infrastructure group.
- Prepare the organization for large-scale and transactional growth including the related regulatory controls necessary for passing audits and IT security scrutiny.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Revenue Cycle applications experience required, Epic preferred