NOTE - this position will be based in Europe
The purpose of the role is to maximize the commercial opportunity of Otsuka's portfolio by contributing to and managing overseeing Global pricing strategies.
The Global Pricing Director will report into the Sr Director Global Market Access & Pricing and will partner closely with the Global Market AccessLeads, Regional pricing teams and other cross functional partners in the management of global pricing strategies across Otsuka's portfolio to ensure the successful launch and growth of assets in key markets around the world. This role will lead operational pricing and analytics activities including International Reference Pricing (IRP), pricing systems, pricing governance (Global Price Committee Chair), daily execution of pricing and price change requests. The Director Global Pricing will ensure that product relevant pricing requirements are identified and incorporated into the pricing strategy and pricing framework/corridor that the Global Market Access & Pricing group prepares. This role will be situated in Europe.
Core responsibilities include:
- Partner and support Global Market Access Lead to conduct relevant secondary and primary market research activities to evaluate and optimize pricing potential based on unmet need, asset value, competitive landscape, and market events over the asset lifecycle.
- Lead Analysis of Launch Sequence Optimization and Reference pricing to support launches and long-term strategies
- Understand pharmaceutical economics and regulations which may impact pricing in markets in which Otsuka operates as well as new pricing approaches, trends and developments to optimize Otsuka assets
- Work Closely with Global Market Access Lead and Regional Pricing Leads to support long term planning, forecasting, and Life Cycle Management activities in line with commercial strategy
- Build Global Pricing Capability aligning stakeholders and demonstrating strong collaboration with ability to evolve and expand support
- Develop and maintain SOPs, system integrity processes and compliance with all local government regulations
- Implement and/or expand global price performance and management system including business rules to effectively understand price establishment and implications of price changes, develop SOPs and maintain system data integrity
- Guide review of pricing/price change proposals against Global Pricing Guidance supporting Global Market Access Therapeutic Leads to prepare business cases and provide timely recommendations
- Lead coordination and execution of Global Price Committee
- Ensure all pricing strategies/ initiatives are consistent with policies and procedures, including legal and compliance considerations in local markets
- Develop price models to support analysis of price trade-offs including IRP impact, price/volume, parallel trade, policy impact and supply to inform strategies
- Support Global Market Access Therapeutic leads on long term forecasting and LCM implications
- Support Regional pricing/market access teams as appropriate with price certifications, long term pricing analysis, brand and indication specific pricing implications, pricing landscape updates and pricing policies
- Provide credible, accurate early access and pricing input into early pipeline, new products & business development opportunities identifying and leveraging key data resources, appropriate analogues and competitive benchmarks
- Master's Degree in economics, health policy, health economics, pharmaceutical sciences, medicines, or other relevant qualification required
- 10+ years of relevant experience in healthcare environment, preferably pharmaceutical industry or related consulting services
- Demonstrated experience with developing and managing global pricing strategies
- Strong knowledge of major markets and their PRA and HTA policies: US, Europe, Asia both private and government setting
- Knowledge of global pricing and reimbursement schemes, pricing policies and systems
- Expertise in pricing market research tools, methodologies, and analytics
- Good understanding of HEOR and RWE concepts required
- Demonstrated ability in the synthesis, analysis and communication of large volumes of data effectively and clearly
- Ability to work and lead across multiple functions, geographies, time zones, and cultures
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively in a global, matrix organization.
- Executive presence; able to effectively represent the Company internally and externally with competence and credibility
- Entrepreneurial mindset that can navigate and build functions
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.