Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose & Scope:
Lead and execute Astellas' commercial diagnostics strategy in collaboration with key cross-functional stakeholders. Develop a strategic plan to ensure Astellas evolves its CDx capabilities to support current and future product launch and uptake.
* Provide Commercial Diagnostics expertise and guidance to relevant global and local teams to ensure successful CDx launches and adoption for current and future oncology assets
* Support relevant Brand Teams in ensuring testing is available, accessible and produces quality results to ensure all appropriate cancer patients are identified for Astellas therapeutic options
* Ownership of the development and implementation of a Global Strategic and Tactical plans for the commercialization of Diagnostics to support the oncology portfolio;
* Continued surveillance of the Diagnostics landscape in oncology to continually inform strategy and required capabilities
* Lead and support relationships with Global Diagnostic partners, testing labs and KEEs in the Diagnostics field
* Make clear recommendations regarding capabilities, strategies and partnerships (including contractual agreements) to ensure continued Astellas competitiveness in the Diagnostics field
* Partner cross-functionally to align on holistic approaches to biomarker/ Diagnostics across current and lifecyle opportunities
* Number of Direct Reports -- 0
* Team Headcount (including indirect reports) -- 0
* Estimated Revenue -- Oncology FY21 revenue 5,937 oku
* Forecast Growth Rate - 18.5% across oncology franchise in FY21
* Estimated Operating Budget - $100-200k in FY21
* Revenue Impact -- n/a
* Geography/Products/Functions - Global/ Xospata and Zolbetuximab, future pipeline/ Commercial in partnership with M&D
Internal: Global Brand Leaders and SBM teams with Diagnostics requirements (currently Zolbetuximab and Xospata but potentially Padcev in the future), Market Access & Pricing, all Commercial Divisions; peers in core oncology functions including M&D
External: suppliers (Global Dx partners, market research vendors, etc) and consultants, Diagnostics KEEs and labs/ pathologists
Oncology SBM Leadership Team; relevant Core Commercial Teams and GPSTs at brand level
Knowledge gained through a university degree and significant commercial Diagnoistics experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Astellas is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled