Job ID: 307719
The name Central Supply Company, a CRH company, has been synonymous with "service" for nearly 100 years and four generations. We serve our customers in communities throughout north and central West Virginia, southwest Pennsylvania and western Maryland. While we strive to promote our main product lines of Ready-Mixed Concrete, Concrete Block, Concrete Pumping, Insulated Concrete Forms, Brick and Builders' Materials, our number one goal is to forge partnerships with our customers through hard work and service. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Diesel Mechanic/Lube Technician
Job Description Summary
- Effectively diagnose and repair equipment and Class 8 heavy vehicles, perform preventative maintenance on fleet. Complete related reports and paperwork, order parts, operate and maintain and supply your own suitable work tools. (We provide company specialty tools for usage while in shop)
- Maintain proper certifications needed to perform the job
- Work on an array of mechanical issues as related to ready mix concrete equipment including, but not limited to: entire fleet of vehicles, hydraulics, electrical, etc.
- Keep all equipment in good working condition
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Read and understand operating manuals, schematic, and technical drawings
- Keep up with good housekeeping procedures
- Maintain a clean driving record in the event you are called upon to drive a company vehicle
- Make any and all repairs to equipment on an as need basis
- Able to provide information to supervisors and co-workers
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge
- Able to learn company specific applications
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Must have class B or higher CDL license or the ability to obtain a CDL license within 6 months of employment
- Vocational or technical training: diesel equipment, heavy equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 to 3 years of experience in maintenance
- CDL Class B or higher preferred, required within 6 months of employment offer
- Able to identify, define and resolve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, written or oral form
- Able to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Able to interpret written and oral instructions, and to read, analyze and interpret, operating & maintenance instructions or regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, or controls
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work in and indoor and outdoor environment
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Supply Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2021 Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Diesel Mechanic, Technician, Mechanic, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology, Operations
This job has expired.