They are looking to add three DevOp Engineers to their team, we recently places Kelechi Ogbaa and they love him, he is a good resume to go off of. They will be involved in Terraform based automation for infrastructure to Azure. Some is a lift and shift and also some modernization. They are taking the infrastructure as a code approach - IAC. Sitecore is no longer required.
Keywords when searching:
Build pipeline/ Build Engineer
Release pipeline/ Release Engineer
Application Monitoring/ Application Insights/ New Relic/ App Dynamics
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) / Infrastructure as Code
Git / BitBucket
For a slam dunk (in order of importance) the candidate who has the following will be very appealing to them:
Visual Studio & Azure DevOps, TFS 2018, or GIT
Azure Resource Manager
Bill Rate: $100-$110
Describe experience designing and automating our build and release processes
Describe experience with test environments
Describe experience with migration, security and identity
What's candidate's availability to do phone screen the next couple of days.
Kestra - Austin, TX
Remote - but must sit in office in Austin by end of summer
C2H: 6 months-hire
*candidates must complete a background check upon offer*
The DevOps Engineer position is responsible for being a release automation and technical excellence evangelist, working closely with dev teams to guide them in their journey towards safe, repeatable, and ideally, human-less deployments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
• Development and continual refinement of the strategy around how developers build and deploy cloud hosted company assets as frictionless and with as much self-sufficiency as possible.
• Ensure development teams at Kestra have the tooling and technical Infrastructure required to support Kestra’s rapid feature development.
• Develop and implement DevSecOps strategies for ensuring developers are building features and infrastructure securely and that cloud hosted assets meet all industry standard and Kestra-defined compliance requirements.
• Regularly assess cloud hosted IaaS resources and determine options and roadmap for conversion to PaaS.
• Participate in periodic disaster recovery and chaos engineering drills, assessing weaknesses and working with the appropriate stakeholders to develop plans for improvement.
• Provide Technical and Architectural guidance to the development teams in an advisory capacity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, the individual should have the following skills and abilities.
• A passion for continual process improvement. Never settling for the status quo.
• Familiarity with the day-to-day responsibilities and workflows of personnel in development, quality assurance, data engineering, and operations roles.
• A detail-oriented personality with strong troubleshooting and optimization skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in MIS, CS, or equivalent work experience
• 2+ year managing Azure tenants and resources
• 3+ years managing Azure DevOps tenants and Team Foundation Server implementations
• 3+ years with automated deployment and configuration management toolsets
• 5+ years .NET development
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals - Required
• AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions - Preferred
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time in office environment well lit.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Position is located in the Austin, TX office. Must be able to work in the office during scheduled work hours.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.