Elsevier is building a new, strategic design team to create next generation healthcare technology solutions. Our UX team works boldly and collaboratively on concepts and designs for a user-centric suite of clinical decision support and reference applications and tools.
A key part of this growth is the new role of Design Innovation Specialist. to create and manage the strategic design process, and to help lead and coach product teams through the early stage discovery process for our healthcare products. Join a collaborative, supportive international team of UX professionals and benefit from strong support from leadership, autonomy in your work while being empowered to learn and grow in your career.
We are looking for an individual whose extensive experience is demonstrably customer focused, is personally committed to enhancing the business with the application of design thinking, and in developing practical innovative solutions tied to quantifiable business impact.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of consulting with business at a high level with a design led vision but be commercially guided in creating solutions.
We are looking for an individual with a strong EQ adept at pulling together teams around an effective process and supporting product teams in delivering data-driven business cases.
- Spread best practices for user-centered thinking, innovation and cross-functional collaboration
- Create awareness and equip the organization with knowledge to deploy Strategic Design
- Evaluate Design maturity at both organisational and team level and recommend upskilling approach
- Identify gaps in Design Leadership and develop program to address
- Create and manage a human-centered approach to deliver desirable and viable experiences to customers
- Recommend approaches and coach project / product teams to plan and facilitate projects
- Drive the design and delivery of best practice user problem / opportunity discovery
- Tailor the Design approach and flexes recommendations to guide design decisions
- Evolve processes and ways of working that enable the team to scale with strengths
- Develop a set of Design tools and methods for applying human-centered design
- Create materials to support the adoption of the Design standard framework
- Define success for Strategic Design and develop skills & career growths.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancetand Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray?s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization.