Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 60 labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are hiring a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity at NDX nSequence Dental Lab in Reno, Nevada for a Dental Lab Technician (CT Guide). Previous experience is not necessary; we offer paid, hands-on training!
The regular hours for this position are from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Read prescriptions and specifications received from dentist.
- Communicate effectively with adjacent department personnel
- Model work
- Pour impressions
- Filet bites
- trim and articulate models
- Waterjet Blasting
- Sort cases
- Identify case specific printed pieces to keep them separate from other cases
- Operate waterjet to clean printed pieces
- Quality check each piece for breakages, misprint or missing components
- Guide Assembly
- Quality check surgical/Maven reports and compare to actual surgical guide
- Setting drill sleeves into guides
- Fitting guides and other printed pieces together for proper fit.
- Fitting simple guides to their respective casts for proper fit in patient’s mouth
- Depth Control
- Use surgical reports to quality check surgical guides and bone models
- Select proper drills and handles to take photos of them in the surgical guides
- Guide QC
- Inspect all printed components and their function/fit
- Ensure standards and protocols have been met for each case, using the Consultation Notes as a guide
- PMMA Fabrication
- Alginate mixing and handling
- Investing provisional bridges in flasks
- Mixing and packing acrylic
- Cleaning flasks
- Sculpt and define teeth/tissue anatomy
- Analog Placement
- Cut implant analogs to proper length
- Adjust bone model to accept analog
- Place analogs into bone model thru the surgical guide, using the Maven/surgical report as a reference for implant mount selection
- Quality check analog placement
- Gaskets/Bites Fabrication
- Implant parts assembly
- Retrofitting PMMA bridge over implant parts
- Wax block out over bone model and temporary cylinders
- Cut block out straws
- Injecting silicone bite material to fabricate Gasket
- Injecting silicone bite material to fabricate Bite
- Use surgical blade to trim Gasket and Bite down to proper size
- Arbor band silicone pieces to smooth down for surgical use
- Clean and polish all components of the case
- Denture Box Labeling
- Use Surgical/Maven reports as reference for choosing the amount of boxes needed
- Select respective labels to place on each of the components’ containers
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
- Detail oriented
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- No experience required
- Small machinery
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and/or reach.
- Exhibit fine motor skills and/or perform repetitive motions.
- Read and interpret prescriptions and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Vision capabilities: depth perception, attention to detail, and/or color.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job has expired.