"Diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to our success as a firm and delivering for our stakeholders. Our DEI work has always been grounded in the business case and always will be." - Harvey Schwartz, CEO
As part of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Team, you will develop and execute on efforts to drive DEI within Carlyle, our portfolio companies and throughout all our spheres of influence. Advancing DEI is a business imperative for Carlyle. We work hard to cultivate diverse and inclusive teams that can examine opportunities from every angle to generate competitive business insights and make better decisions.
In addition to driving progress internally and within our portfolio, you will also support DEI efforts for other key stakeholders including our Chief DEI Officer, LPs and our DEI Council. Carlyle has over 300 portfolio companies with nearly 1 million employees globally. The data from our own portfolio shows that DEI leads to better investments which leads to better business outcomes.
*This role is flexible regarding location, including NYC.
One Carlyle Portfolio Board and C-suite Diversity
- Source data for key stakeholders including Fund Heads to accurately capture and analyze Carlyle portfolio company board and C-suite diversity
- Directly communicate with Carlyle deal team members on the needs of their portfolio company boards
- Responsible for data sourcing and aggregating reports outlining potential board candidates for deal team's requests
- Maintain Carlyle's Executive Database by keeping profiles up to date, develop and evolve the system
- Coordinate processes and information across various teams at Carlyle (e.g. Fund Management, ESG Team, GTS) to ensure that we have timely and accurate portfolio data
- Communicate directly with external partners (e.g. Latino Corporate Directors) to source potential board candidates
- Draft reports for distribution to Carlyle executives outlining the advancements of board diversity as well as other key internal and external stakeholders
Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs), benchmarks and indices
- Point of contact for DDQs and LP Requests regarding Carlyle DEI
- Coordinates the completion of benchmarks and indices (e.g. HRC, McKinsey, ESG Data Convergence)
- Maintains data for substantiation purposes
Support Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Work with DEI Team to empower the ERGs
- Support communications with ERG Leads on goals and initiatives
- Maintain calendar of events
- Maintain budget, collect receipts, ensure events and expenses are coded appropriately
Internal Carlyle DEI Data & Analytics
- Analyze data to provide insight to our business leaders to support progress and accountability (e.g. updating DEI dashboards, provide data for QBRs, employee survey analysis)
- Maintain the DEI intranet page
- Use data and key insights to support internal and external communications
- Maintain DEI messaging and presentations with latest metrics and initiatives
- Project manage key DEI initiatives and trainings - develop materials, maintain data, participate in brainstorming sessions, manage communications and logistics; work with various teams to understand needs, timelines, key players, etc.
- Serves as a liaison between DEI and other teams (e.g. fund management, investor relations, corporate communications, deal teams)
- Maintain up to date market research on key benchmarks relevant to DEI
- Draft and edit PowerPoint Presentations for key internal and external meetings
- Maintain overall knowledge of the firm, dynamics, and industry
- General support and partnership with key internal and external stakeholders as needed (e.g. DEI Business Leads, HCM, ESG Team etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive data, analytical and presentation experience required
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Demonstrated research skills
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis and data management
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to learn and become the subject matter expert in systems developed to track data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented; attention to detail a must
- Solid project management skills; ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a dynamic environment
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities. Resourceful and proactive
- Sound judgment, high integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to quickly develop competency in manipulating various reporting platforms (e.g. deal cloud, ILM, Empower)
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $382 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 600 investment vehicles as of September 30, 2023. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 2,200 professionals operating in 28 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.
This job has expired.