Facebook is seeking an entry-level engineer with graduate level experience looking to apply their technical skills in a fast-paced and complex environment. A working knowledge of server hardware and the desire to participate in projects at a large-scale data center is central to this role. This position will work to resolve and diagnose compute issues at scale, escalate issues, and work with remote engineering teams. Additionally, this role will support rack lifecycle processes with a focus on helping build out and support cloud scale compute and storage environments. Solid communication skills are a requirement for this role. This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to their success.The candidate should also have working knowledge and experience in at least one of the following core areas: Networking, Programming/Scripting, Hardware, or OS repair.
- Work within Facebook's ticketing system
- First point of contact for break fix technicians
- Responsible for assisting with projects (retrofits, new process details, etc.) and repairs throughout the data center
- Understand and debug hardware and Linux OS related issues
- Identify and help create documentation for the global data center knowledge base
- Assist with process improvements and best practices in data center operations
- Participate in on-call rotation (once a month on call for a week, after hours, first point of contact)
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical field, or equivalent experience/certification
- Knowledge of Linux and server hardware support
- Experience modifying and developing in Python, SQL, and/or shell scripting
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Working conceptual knowledge of technologies such as HTTP, DNS, RAID, and DHCP
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.