Job SummaryWork with product managers to interpret business requirements and propose data solutions that create customer value.
TSI provides trusted measurement, application guidance, and data analytics solutions that enable our customers to make informed decisions. Our customers rely on our products for a wide range of applications from environmental monitoring to occupational safety. Headquartered in the Twin Cities, we have sales offices throughout the world. We work closely with leading academic institutions and government agencies to insure the safety of people, the quality of manufactured goods, and the health of the environment.
We are currently seeking an skilled Data Analytics Engineer to lead TSI's analytics development projects. The successful candidate will work with our Product Managers and technologists to develop enhanced data visualizations and algorithms. He or she will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing data analytic solutions that address complex business issues. They will also provide technical leadership within the Software Engineering group. The ideal applicant is able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. This is an excellent career opportunity for a data analytics professional who wants to apply the latest technologies to create new-to-world solutions for worker safety, product quality and environmental monitoring.
Design, develop and execute the approved data solutions. Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to software engineering teams.
Advise TSI technologists on data structure and integrity to support future data analytic solutions.
Rapidly prototype solutions to obtain customer feedback on the value of the proposal.
Collect and analyze data to build predictive models using machine learning techniques.
Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
Be able to effectively communicate and articulate solutions and architecture at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
Travel up to 20%.
Other duties as assigned
- Required-Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, engineering or a related discipline
- Desired-Master's degree in computer science, math, engineering or a related discipline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3 years of experience in database development and/or data modeling
- 3 years of experience in a programming language
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in various team settings
- Advanced understanding of predictive models (logistic & linear regression, decision trees, random forest etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with data visualization tools including Looker
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google machine learning services
- Knowledge of machine learning tools including TensorFlow
TSI provides trusted measurement, application guidance, and data analytics solutions that enable our global customers to make informed decisions. We are creating a better world by helping protect people, products and the environment, as well as by optimizing research and industrial processes.Nearest Major Market:
Minneapolis Job Segment:
Data Analyst, Database, Analytics, Engineer, Computer Science, Data, Management, Technology, Engineering
This job has expired.