Posted in Manufacturing and Production
about 1 month ago
Job ID: 293720
United Companies, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for receiving, verifying and entering orders for ready-mixed concrete, as well as managing raw materials inventory and scheduling, while developing and maintaining positive relationships with our customers, material suppliers and internal production and service personnel.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Receives calls from and places calls to customers, guiding them through the ordering process.
• Establishes delivery times according to factors such as truck capacity, delivery distance and fleet availability.
• Enters orders into the computer system with a high level of accuracy.
• Schedules orders at production facilities based on jobsite location, plant and raw material availability.
• Asks questions and advises customers on mix selection for their application (i.e. footing, walls, flat work, etc.).
• Handles all calls and other forms of communication in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
• Coordinates and dispatches raw material delivery to meet production demand.
• Works with operations personnel to order and manage plant raw material inventory.
• Assist with other projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 1-2 years of related experience and product knowledge required.
• Must be 18 years in age or older.
• Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
• Report to the office dressed appropriately according to company policy ready to work at the designated start time.
• Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Must be willing to work off hours, nights, weekends and occasionally holidays when necessary.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as delivery tickets, safety rules and procedure manuals as well as carry out written or verbal instructions.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools including Excel, Word and Outlook preferred. Must be able to use the internet effectively.
• Demonstrate basic mathematical skills as well as the ability to interpret and compute basic formulas.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Willingness and ability to work in and adapt to changes in circumstances, tasks, customer needs and other conditions that may affect their daily responsibilities.
• Ability to cope well in stressful environments and communicate professionally.
• Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Able to communicate with others by telephone, electronically and in person.
• Able to utilize a computer for email communication and preparation of documents and spreadsheets.
• May require sitting for extended periods of time.
• The employee must occasionally life and/or move up to 10lbs.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago