Job ID: 215611
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-04-13
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Integration
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Remote Electronic Warfare Cryptologic Technical Technician (CTT). This is a work from home position, but must be local to Norfolk, VA.
JoinSAIC’s mission to protect the American Warfighter every day by working on the SurfaceElectronic Warfare Improvement Program or SEWIPprogram. SEWIP is an evolutionary acquisition and incremental developmentprogram to upgrade the existing AN/SLQ-32(V) electronic warfare system.
Youwill be the local technical expert on the AN/SLQ-32(v)6 - the latest fieldedvariant of the AN/SLQ-32. It incorporates receiver, antenna and combat systeminterface upgrades developed under the SEWIP Block 2 ACAT II program and addsthe High Gain High Sensitivity adjunct sensor.
- Read shipsdiagrams Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System (CSOSS) for powerdistribution, LP air systems, and valve alignments for both air and watersystems
- Troubleshootpossible interface issues over copper, fiber and RF over Fiber connections
- Aid in repairs ofthe system after startup
- Provide FAMtraining to sailors on the ship as part of verification testing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of the SEWIP systems to include SLQ-32(v)6, CPS(TI-12, TI-12H and TI-16), CEM/RCEM, DAP, SLA-10D, LCU (six pump and one pump model), Mk 53 system, DLP, SSX-1(SEI), and HGHS
- Ability to climb ship mass (HGHS platform and SEI antenna)
- Ability to work from heights
- Ability to work with harness on while aloft
- Ability to work within confined spaces (under antenna and behind racks)
- Medically cleared and ability to go underway for short periods of time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have obtained a High School Diploma or equivalent six (6) years of experience; OR Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Schoolhouse training on the AN/SLQ-32 system
- Flexibility to travel on short notice to provide on-ship support
- Must have the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Training for tasking
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.