VCA Chiquita Animal Hospital is hiring an experienced Veterinary Technician/CVT to join our team in beautiful Cape Coral!
We are a client focused 5-doctor practice, seeing canine, feline, and exotic species patients. We pride ourselves on being an environment that places importance on learning and development, so if you are currently enrolled in a technician certification program, we would highly encourage you to apply!
Check out our website here: https://vcahospitals.com/chiquita
We are passionate about supporting our technicians and assistants and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. VCA is a community of dedicated professionals that will encourage you to explore everything a veterinary career has to offer.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve.
Some of the many benefits we offer:
- Access to the people and resources of a large veterinary community
- Advancement and leadership opportunities
- Career development programs
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Access to free mental health care, life assistance program, resources like Headspace, etc.
- Fully employer-paid life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, holiday pay
- Paid parental leave
- Continuing Education allowance for full time credentialed veterinary technicians
- CE and learning opportunities for all associates
- Vet tech license renewal reimbursement
- Tuition support and sponsorships including Veterinary Technology AAS, BAS completion and more
- Generous hospital discounts for your pets, a variety of other discounts
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Opportunities to give back through VCA Charities and local animal shelter partnerships
What You'll Do
In this role, you will support our team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients.
Whether you are a credentialed vet tech (CVT, RVT, LVT, LVMT) or a technician in training, we want you to utilize your knowledge and skillset to the fullest. Skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
- Compassionate patient care
- Client care and education
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Laboratory work
- Catheter placement
- Medical record keeping
Interested in this opportunity? Apply!
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com