03/01/2022Open Until Filled:
CounterworkerDepartment this Position Reports to:
Dining ServicesHiring Range Minimum:
$21.10/hrHiring Range Maximum:
Not an SEIU PositionFLSA Status:
Regular Full TimeScheduled Months per Year:
12Scheduled Hours per Week:
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 1:00pm-9:30pm, Saturday/Sunday offLocation of Position:
Collis Cafe - Collis Center
North Main Street
Onsite onlyIs this a term position?:
NoIs this a grant funded position?:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of food preparation and serving tasks at Collis Cafe.Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp:
No formal education or experience requiredRequired Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Previous experience with food services desirable.Preferred Qualifications:
* High School graduate preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Polite, friendly, outgoing personality; good attention to detail; neat appearance and familiarity with sanitary procedures relating to food preparation.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
* May work varied shifts and required overtime. Will include working with student employees.
* Commitment to diversity and to meeting the needs of a diverse community.
Doreen BlakeTalent Acquisition Consultant:
Ann Crookenden (646-3323)Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.Background Check:
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.Special Instructions to Applicants:
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID-19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion delaying your start date or rescinding its offer of employment.Quick Link:
Percentage Of Time:
* Employee may be assigned to primary duty of cashier or counterworker.
* Operates cash register to itemize and total customer's purchases. Reviews price sheets to note price changes and sale items. Scans item to record price and totals purchases on cash register. Collects cash, check, or student multiple charge system payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions.
* Maintains an awareness to potential shoplifting and practices prevention techniques. Counts money in cash drawer and starts up and closes out the register at beginning and end of work shift. Identifies items not accepted by the scanner.
* Replenish beverages, portioned items, hot food, salad and sandwich bars, bulk ingredients (cooking supplies) and baked goods. Makes smoothies. Serves any or all above items in a prompt, courteous manner, following correct sanitary guidelines and portion control measures.
* Prepares a limited number of food items such as vegetables, fruit salads, pre-made sandwiches and omelettes.
* Washes dishes both by-hand and using a commercial dishwasher; sweeps and mops cafe serving area and cleans table-tops in the cafe proper; empties trash as needed.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.--:
Performs other duties as assigned
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted 34 minutes ago
Posted 34 minutes ago