Provide guidance on Pressure Equipment (PE) corrosion and material issues and work effectively in a team environment with the PEI Engineers, PEI Unit Inspectors, Operators and Process Engineers.
- Designated Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Corrosion.
- Applied corrosion and material support for PEI Unit personnel. Understand and apply degradation and detection principles when developing inspection strategies for unit equipment.
- Provide recommendations related to process corrosion control and metallurgy issues for
- PHA studies
- plant changes
- new projects.
- Provide material selection and technical support to assist process engineers, PEI Engineers and PEI Inspectors in day-to-day activities related to corrosion control.
- Collects data for corrosion special emphasis programs including:
- Injection Point and Mixing Point
- Corrosion Control Documents
- Corrosion and Materials Diagrams
- Assist in developing and implementing welding and PWHT procedures and "troubleshoot" welding problems when they occur.
- Network with PEI and Corrosion professionals at industry events such as API and NACE to stay abreast of industry trends/methods/techniques.
- Develops corrosion models and tools to support material selection, project support and evaluating rate increases. Examples include:
- Predict-Sour Water
- API 581 Methodologies
- Various corrosion curves and techniques in API code
- Make upgrade recommendations as required on existing equipment
Experience and Qualifications Required:Basic Qualifications:
- Develop and maintain site unit CCD's. Establish and update lists of key PEI process variables and communicate to Ensure Safe Production (ESP) work process for inclusion in unit ESP variable tables.
- Along with Process Engineers, develop data sheets for injection points, identify equipment in environmental cracking service, and assist PEI inspectors in establishing inspection intervals for environmental cracking inspections using RBI methodology.
- Utilize risk assessment as a tool in problem solving/decision making and participate in risk assessment of corrosion concerns and OEMI risk-based inspection (RBI) analysis teams.
- Along with the Learning and Development Department, coordinate development of training materials and methods for PEI and CCD knowledge transfer to Operations, Engineering and PEI personnel with a Shared Stewardship of Assets role.
- Working with PEI inspectors and PEI engineers, develop and integrate CCD recommendations into piping and equipment inspection strategies.
- Assist in performing root cause analysis, coordinate failure analysis activities, and recommend mitigation methods for corrosion and materials issues.
- Participates in risk assessment of corrosion concerns and risk-based inspection (RBI) analysis teams.
- Support R&M and TA activities which will require field visits, climbing ladders, and confined space entry.
- BS in Materials, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years of applied corrosion and material engineering support to operating crude oil refinery
- Thorough knowledge in ASME Codes, API Codes, NACE documents and industry best practices on Corrosion and Materials.
- Background in refinery or chemical corrosion mechanisms and material properties.
- Computer proficiency required in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge in Advanced NDE
- Thorough knowledge in FFS
- Mastery Skill in development of Corrosion Control Documents
- Excellent Communication Skill to be able to train Process Engineers, Operators and Inspectors on CCDs
- Skilled in technical writing and developing" white papers" to summarize mechanical Integrity issues concerning damage mechanisms
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, lead investigations, organize and prioritize daily work schedules.
- Minimum of 2 API Inspector Certifications (API 510, 570, 653)
- API 571 Damage Mechanism Certification
- NACE Corrosion Technologist Certification
- API 580 Risk Based Inspection Certification
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers..
Motiva and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.