We require a Junior Data Engineer with strong problem solving and communication skills to work on with and support our Corporate Services development teams. The primary goal will be supporting the Corporate Services Agile teams across multiple Value Streams. This will include implementation and design of new queries, reports, and integrations as well as maintaining the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) data loads and jobs and assisting with production support.
The Junior Data Engineer will attend all Agile ceremonies, collaborate with other developers and business users throughout sprint cycles. The data engineer is expected to learn and support Corporate Services Data processes and software practices. The Junior Data Engineer must be inquisitive by nature as they are expected to learn the system and required development skills holistically at a capacity to troubleshoot and develop enhancements and query fixes.
The Candidate must have some prior experience in Data Warehousing, Data Integrations, and SQL server integrations. The individual must be capable of understanding complex data objects and data models. Experience with cube technologies and/or micro services are a bonus.
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience
- Collaborate with business product owners, technical leads, and various Agile teams to implement Data integration and reporting solutions across Corporate Services
- Analyze and research technical issues, and identify alternative solutions and recommendations
- Optimize existing SSIS packages and contribute to the build of new SSIS packages, and SSRS reports
- Work with other Carlyle development teams to establish and improve best practices, documentation, and coding standards
Educations and Certifications
- 0-2 years of experience in software development, required
- Strong familiarity with SQL
- Experience working in MS SQL Server
- Experience developing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, including script tasks
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server jobs
- Working knowledge of C#
- Experience writing test plans and test scripts
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience working in Visual Studio
- Experience developing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports
- Experience developing SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
Position-Specific Technical Requirements
- Bachelors from an accredited school in a quantitative discipline required
- See above in knowledge/experience section
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $260 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 437 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, "We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better."