What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury and IndyPendence Job Corps centers, we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits such as:
- $12.64 per hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick time, and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
- 401(k) with company match
Reports to the food services supervisor. Responsible for assisting in preparing and serving food in the cafeteria and accomplishing clean-up functions in accordance with government and management directives.Essential Functions:
- Keep serving counters stocked with salads, desserts, and other foods.
- Replenish napkin dispensers, plate racks, silverware racks, salt and pepper shakers, and condiments.
- Make coffee, tea, and other beverages.
- Set up cafeteria lines and serve meals on the line.
- Assist in the storage and inventory of supplies; transfer food ingredients from storage area to cooking area.
- Clean food service area, tables, and kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Assist in washing dishes/utensils; store in orderly fashion.
- Provide direct supervision and serve as work place mentor to students assigned to center support and/or on-center work based learning.
- Demonstrate alignment with a clear understanding of the mission of Job Corps.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually lift, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Occasionally requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires the ability to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Occasionally requires working outdoors to participate with academics or program related activities.
- Promote career preparation, career development, and career transition with students on a daily basis and help them with setting career goals.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must obtain servsafe certification within 90 days of employment.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.