The Commercial GTM Manager is responsible for the development of go to market commercial strategy programs in the medical education space, specifically launching and driving commercial success of products that serve medical school faculty and students. Should have 3-5 years commercial management, sales and/or marketing experience. The Commercial GTM Manager will be required to manage and evaluate customer and competitive research, product and portfolio roadmaps, market conditions and results and implement plan changes as needed. Strong writing and analytical skills a must. Priority will be given to candidates with prior education or health care market experience.
Relationships and Roles:
Develops and leads implementation of company-wide go-to-market plan for new and updated products which focus on meeting organizational objectives, (Ex: Revenue, Market Penetration, New Customer Acquisition, Renewals) working cross-departmentally in collaboration with product, marketing, content and sales. GTM activities may include: Product positioning, pricing, forecasting, customer segmentation, product data management, channel and platform strategy, sales readiness, customer and commercial validation research.
- Defines portfolio, persona and segment strategies in collaboration with marketing, product and content colleagues.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, Product and Market knowledge.
- Responsible for relevant segments of the commercial budget. Delivery of activity and desired results within agreed budget.
- Contributes customer feedback to requirements for current and future products.
- Stays ahead of market trends to anticipate customer needs and identify opportunities for company to meet them. Liaise with cross-functional teams to gather trends across Elsevier's customer base.
- Develops programs to enable the efforts of a professional, direct sales force. Works closely with sales to identify winning sales strategies.
- Enable and collaborate to drive revenues through indirect channels.
- Understand the buying process and develop and maintain buyer personas for each assigned product suite.
- Generate ad hoc analysis reports to evaluate strategy as needed
- Ability to thrive as a strategic partner to sales, product, content, operations and marketing colleagues within a complex matrix organization.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values/Nurture relationships with key external content development and channel sales partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and orally
- Ability to think creatively and critically about customer problems and how best to address them.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including exceptional attention to detail.
- Use of Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau and other standard Office tools
- 3-5 years of sales, marketing, product or commercial strategy experience.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining commercial GTM strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA preferred
- Prior healthcare, education or digital information market experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel as require
- Competitive salary + bonus plan based on perform
- Medical, dental and 401K benefits
- Excellent training and a team to support you
- Numerous online resources to assist with your self-development and career progression
- An opportunity to grow and advance within a truly global organization
- Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.