GFL is looking to hire a Collections Specialist based out of our Southfield office! The Collections Specialist will be responsible for performing, administering, and coordinating all collection functions to reduce the aging of client A/R through review, analysis, and communication with clients. This is a hands-on position that involves communicating with clients and employees.
• Daily collection inbound and outbound calls - target of 85 outbound calls per day
• Contact customers regarding overdue accounts between 30 - 120 days past due and determine reasons for non-payment
• Perform account reconciliations
• Monitor customer accounts for non-payment, late payment and other irregularities
• Research and/or investigate historical data, resolve payment discrepancies and provide backups to customers
• Respond to customer questions and requests and resolve those questions/issues
• Process credit card payments
• Researches charge backs and returned checks
• Stratify collection activities to maximize cash receipts
• Issue overdue letters to overdue accounts
• Use skip tracing techniques to locate customers
• Issue credit hold notifications
• Recommend that accounts be shifted to a collection agency
• Recommend bad debt write-offs
• Negotiate settlements
• Overcome stall tactics and objection by suggesting different options for debt payment
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• 2+ years of collection experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule
• Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Proven interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication with outstanding phone etiquette and interpersonal skills
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Possess strong logic, able to take initiative and negotiate
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!