Job ID: 328800
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Our strategic focus on a combination of acquisition and organic growth along with our adoption of cloud-based technologies has quickly led to a massive shift toward rapid integration and delivery as a necessity to the business. To meet these challenges, we are building an "elite" data architecture and data cloud platform team that will welcome the challenges to architect, engineer, secure and enhance these environments and to deliver exceptional and expedient value to the business while maintaining the delivery and direction of the overall IT strategy.
The Cloud Solution Architect will partner with IT technical resources and peer architects to support the continued growth and success of the enterprise in a robust and cohesive team. To be successful, the position will need to demonstrate expert level technological insight to execute our global data strategy. The position works closely with Technical Engineers and Architects to design and support our cloud platforms ensuring they are stable, secure, performant and can be used efficiently. In addition to project work, this position will also manage Business as Usual (BAU) support for the existing and future environment.
Reporting within the Data & Analytics team, the role will be responsible for managing the cloud platforms enabling the business to move at speed and scale. The right candidate will be able to seamlessly work across departments and work in matrix/agile project teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Education
- Leverage Cloud environments and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Cloud Solution Architecture
- Propose and implement recommendations and best practices to optimize our cloud presence, performance, security, and cost
- Responsible for the contributing to a well-informed cloud strategy and the implementation of that strategy globally across the enterprise
- Develop and organize cloud platforms and work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy requirements
- Responsible for identifying cloud architecture solutions to effectively meet the strategic needs of the company
- Ensure that any solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment
- Collaborate with other Solution Architects and stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Cloud platforms
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Manage and participate in ongoing Business as Usual (BAU) support for the existing and future systems as needed
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in enterprise-scale technical roles with cloud and hybrid infrastructures and cloud architecture/implementation experience
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends quickly and the ability understand how to adapt those to support the company strategy
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends
- Prior work experience in an Architecture position utilizing technologies from Azure, Google and/or Amazon, Azure is preferred
- Experience supporting SAP S/4 in a cloud environment is a plus
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile style project management techniques
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Architecture, Cloud, Computer Science, Data Architect, Technology, Engineering, Data
This job has expired.